Univibe with the best Vibrato setting and Uni Vibe / Vibrato footswitch?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by e-flat, May 26, 2015.

1. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

I had a newer Fulltone MDV-3 that sounded great but I didn't dig the switch because I have enormous Sasquatch feet and the dexterity of a bowl of jello. I sold it and recently picked up the Fulltone MDV-1 (black) which sounds exactly the same and I really dig it.

I've been using the Vibrato setting on this MDV-1 more and more lately. I've found that by bumping the internal "THROB" trimmer to the top of it's marked range and then dialing the external Intensity knob back to around the 9:00 range I get a really useable sound from both FX.

Just curious... Those of you who use the Vibrato AND Univibe settings on your vibe box, what is your fave pedal? And does it have a stomp switch for changing FX?

May just have to mod this Fulltone with an output to an external stomp switch for Vibrato / Vibe....

2. bschultzjames

bschultzjames Supporting Member

Subscribing. I too must know this.

3. Plexihead

Plexihead Member

The Ultra-Vibe has a stomp switch to change between chorus/vibrato, great sounding unit too, just a little on the large side and fairly pricey.

4. jeffinaustin

jeffinaustin Supporting Member

The Roger Mayer Voodoo Vibe was the best I've played, followed closely by the DLS Versa Vibe. Had enough movement but didn't take over. Listen to Mike Landau's "I'm Buzzed" on Live 2000 to hear what the Voodoo sounds like.

5. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

Any other suggestions for Vibe pedals with a good Vibrato setting & stomp switch to go between FX?

6. 7thString

7thString Member

+1 for the ultra vibe

7. omfg51

omfg51 Member

I really love the sound of the MXR Univibe, but that vibe switch is obviously unusable live, at least with a foot. Lucky for me, I only use the vibe setting on that pedal. :D

8. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

I probably use the vibe mode more than chorus on my Mojo Vibe though I do use both. I wish there was a footswitch for this but I would really need two separate speed & intensity/depth knobs for each mode because I change them on the fly. I would love to see a vibe that has these features

9. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

THAT would be the ideal vibe.

10. DonaldDemon

DonaldDemon Member

I believe Howard from Catalinbread was working on one exactly like that but it hasn't surfaced yet. I hope it does!

See below:

e-flat and JerEvil like this.
  11. 71strat

71strat Member

+1 for the Mayer Voodoovibe+

12. JerEvil

JerEvil Supporting Member

Very cool. I must say, I am a Catalinbread fan.

e-flat likes this.
  13. Melodic Dreamer

Melodic Dreamer Member

The Voodoo Vibe Plus by far. It's Vibrato channel is freaking awesome.

14. e-flat

e-flat Supporting Member

That sounds really promising! Can't wait to check one out ;)

JerEvil likes this.
  15. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Member

16. Fu Schnickens

Fu Schnickens Member

Yep, Rotovibe. Designed to be controlled with yer foot..

17. mikoo69

mikoo69 Member

The vibrato on the Mojo Vibe sounds awesome.

Does anyone find that the chorus setting of a Univibe sounds better first in the chain before fuzzes, OD and wah, though the vibrato setting sounds better after like a modulation effect?

18. Daka3

Daka3 Member

I got hold of the MXR Univibe recently. It might not have the photocells, it might indeed be a glorified Phase 90, but I really dig it too.

Great throb, small size, simple and no unneccesary frills. I used to rock a Drybell, and I'm just as happy with this. Vibe/Chorus switch blows if you want to switch modes on the fly, though. The sound, however, certainly does not.
    The more I gig with it, the more I appreciate my MXR/Dunlop stuff. It works and it just holds up.

19. Roffe

Roffe Member

I've had the mojo vibe since 2006, never taken it off the board. Only rarely do I use the vibrato mode. Dont like the vibes with expression either. I always crank the intensity on slow settings, and back it up on faster speeds.

20. BluesHarp

BluesHarp Member

I replaced the Mojo Vibe with a SupraVibe from Castledine.. I loved the Mojo for years but the Supra made it sound like a toy in comparison. Ive never owned a better more convincing uni-vibe. It doesnt have a footswitch to stomp from vibrato to chorus setting, but the toggle is very easy to work mid song.. which is something I dont do anyway.

t.hendrix likes this.