Unkleslam & Tonefactor

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jlearman, Nov 14, 2005.

1. jlearman

jlearman Member

I just wanted to leave some feedback on here for Tonefactor.com, an online boutique pedal store (if you don't already know of it), and Brad who runs the site.

Sometime in March I bought a mobius feedback looper, but unfortunately something was wrong with it and it didn't work when I plugged it in. I told Brad and he said to send it back to him, but being the lazy bastard that I am, I just never got around to it. I must have told Brad fifteen times that "I'll send it this weekend" but never followed up. I eventually completely forgot that I owned the thing and realized that I really don't need a feedback looper.

Finally last week (early November...8 months later) I contacted brad again and asked him if he'd take it back and give me credit for another pedal on his site. He agreed and after changing my mind about a hundred times, I finally settled on a Subdecay Quasar. I PayPalled Brad the difference in price and my new quasar arrived this weekend.

Bottom line is...Brad's customer service is AMAZING...even for a pain-in-the-arse customer like myself. I don't just recommend tonefactor.com, but you should actually go out of your way to buy from Brad. Their prices are great, they have great gear, and Brad is the man. I don't have any idea if tonefactor.com is profitable or not, but I do know it's damn near impossible to make a buck in this Sam-Ash-centric world. The effect world is much better off for mom-and-pop shops like tonefactor, so I hope you'll consider them first the next time you're looking for a new pedal.

2. michael patrick

michael patrick Supporting Member

+1 :dude

I've always gotten whatever I've ordered real quick. They've got a nice selection of pedals from smaller builders, plus a few select ones from the big boys, all at reasonable prices and usually with free shipping. What's not to like? :cool:

3. Nathan

Nathan Member

Hey I think he's the first Us-based company to offer free shipping to Canada. That's severely awesome.

4. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Pedal Geek was my vendor of choice, until I discovered ToneFactor (which I think was through TGP). Now, it's ToneFactor!

Brad is always quick to reply to e-mails, his service is second to none, and he goes pretty far out there to offer a diverse assortment of products. Free shipping and candy bags are a nice touch too.

Thanks, Brad. It's a pleasure doing business with you.

5. b_rad

b_rad Member

Thanks for the kind words! The support is very much appreciated. [​IMG]

I am extremely blessed to get to do what I love for a living, so naturally I want to do the best that I can with it. It can be hard to compete with the big boys ( we are literally a mom and pop shop. :) ) , but we're not going anywhere. ;)

6. shblay

shblay Member

+1

More props to Brad at tonefactor.com. Great guy and amazing service. He's just so quick about sending out shipments. Thanks for the great deals.

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

MMMMM CANDY :) all the more temptation to order from tonefactor :)

8. Brakhage

Brakhage Member

Brad's the man...for all the reason's stated above.

9. jops

jops Member

+1 here!

As an overseas customer there's always a feeling of risk involved with overseas orders, which is why I have never ordered anything...

That is until I came across Brad's huge reputation for good service on the internet. It seems there isn't a guitar forum on the www that hasn't had some sort of dealings with Brad.

Brad answered all my e-mails near instantly (no mean feat if you take into consideration the time difference). And my order arrived in only seven days (again very impressive as I only chose the standard intl shipping option).

I will not hesitate to order through Brad again in the future... It's a pity that our $ is tanking hard against the US$ at the mo... :(

10. ProTonePedals

ProTonePedals Member

+1

Brads a great guy to work with.

11. Jim Martin

Jim Martin Member

Oh, yeah, they rock.

I ordered a pedal for $10 less than another place, plus it had free shipping. Ordered on a Saturday and it showed up on Monday. Part of that is surprising speed from the USPS but the other part is that Brad was sitting there Saturday, saw my order come in and mailed it about an hour later.

And like the other guy said: candy!

12. raz

raz Member

Yeah, here's another attaboy for Brad. Friendly and helpful and prompt on the e-mails, just like everyone says. Brad's my new drug dealer - er - pedal pusher. ;)

It's just killing me that MI Audio Blues Pros are backordered 3 weeks.

13. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

REALLY!!! WOW i mustve gotten under the gun then! THOSE THINGS ARE AWESOME!!!! mine seems to give me that sweet drive like derek truck"s sound!!

14. Jim Martin

Jim Martin Member

Partially my fault - I've been forcing my friends to buy them. The first guy got one, people who hesitated...

Great pedal and an amazing value. The only reason I'm not ordering another one is that MI Audio looks like he has something new (and different) coming out soon.

Sorry about the threadjack.

15. Perry D.

Perry D. Supporting Member

Double dittos for Brad and Tonefactor!!

16. AshlandBump

AshlandBump Member

The country I come from is called the Midwest.
    Another satisfied customer. Tonefactor is the first place I look if I'm looking for a new pedal. If Brad has it, I'll get it from him. Even if he doesn't have it in stock, he's great about getting one in as soon as he can. I just ordered a Retro-Sonic Chorus Ensemble from him -- can't wait to get it.

17. BillyK

BillyK Supporting Member

And another satisfied customer! Brad is great to deal with.

18. slipbeer

slipbeer Supporting Member

And who else sends candy with evey pedal purchased?

A big fat thumb up for the Unkle.

19. Robby5323

Robby5323 Supporting Member

I purchased one ot the Blues Pro online and Brad called me about 10 minutes later to tell me that he didn't have then in stock... He could have just emailed and found out what I wanted to due, but gave me a call instead! I will buy from him in the near future!

20. b_rad

b_rad Member

I just wanted to say thanks again for all of words. On a bad day it's great to read a thread like this, it let's me know that maybe I'm doing something right.