1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Unlicensed Speeches

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by joshbaezmusic, Feb 10, 2012.

1. joshbaezmusic

joshbaezmusic Member

Hey guys, anyone know of websites where you can download unlicensed speeches to put into distributed music? I really want to put one in my song, but I want to make sure it's not licensed. Thanks!

-j.

2. Ravindave_3600

Ravindave_3600 Member

what is an "unlicensed speech"? For that matter, what's a licensed speech?

3. loudboy

loudboy Member

Just a hint, don't use MLK's "I Have a Dream," unless you're made of money. <g>

You could try to search Library of Congress - I would assume that any speech made by an elected official would be available?

4. joshbaezmusic

joshbaezmusic Member

Speeches that you can use as samples without having to pay for them or ask permission.

5. bluzkat

bluzkat Member

Do a search for 'royalty free' (I believe this to be the correct term) speeches, maybe you'll have better luck.

:cool:

6. A-Bone

A-Bone Montonero, MOY, Multitudes Gold Supporting Member