Unlocking an Iphone an issue?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by swiveltung, Apr 26, 2016.

1. swiveltung

swiveltung Member

Really? I mean in the first place, if you have an Iphone, you have already agreed to let everyone follow what you do, where you do it and where you are! Businesses are tracking you all the time. They know what you have looked at, they know when you are not home, they know what stores you visited and they know everything you buy.
    But still people are up in arms about being tracked by a govt entity. Let's face it, those guys knew about 9/11 and couldnt do anything with it. They don't have the resources or ability. The fact that they have something out of billions of snippets of info? haha yeah, that's a real problem...

MrLahey and bloomz like this.
  2. EricPeterson

EricPeterson Member

The chemtrails are working.

NicDo, hereandgone18, sanrico and 4 others like this.
  3. WoodenDuckMaker

WoodenDuckMaker Member

As far as smartphones go, Apple is known to do a better job at protecting users privacy, moreso than Google, Samsung, HTC, etc.. They were one of the few who denied the FBI when they asked them to hand over users text messages.

But as far as apps go, that's a different story, as each app has it's own policies and terms, and you agree to those terms if you use the app.

MGT likes this.
  4. dsmc80

dsmc80 Member

Maybe slightly better and while I commend what they recently did publicly, the reality is that all of these companies have long complied with most everything that the 3 letter agencies have demanded. We've been backdoored with no lube by the government and all of the big players have given them an easy entry.

5. TheClev

TheClev As seen on TV

:huh Sarcasm?

sanrico likes this.
  6. Scrapperz

Scrapperz Member

Oh really?

7. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

I think the OP is talking about "unlocking" an iPhone so you can use it with any carrier. Some are tied to Sprint, some to Verizon, etc. An unlocked phone allows you to use it with any carrier. If he's talking unlocking an iPhone to use it without wiping out the memory, good luck.

And if that kid you can do that, he's got a job waiting for him at the FBI...also Siri does not work with a iPhone that is on a lock screen. All you can do is call 911 unless you have the passcode or it reads the fingerprint(s) that are assigned to that phone. I just tried it with mine...

Scrapperz and Dave Shoop like this.
  8. losangeles33

losangeles33 Supporting Member

in before the unlock

HeyMrTeleMan, sacakl and sanrico like this.
  9. Doug's Tubes

Doug's Tubes Member

10. Peteyvee

I have a 6S+ and here's what happens when you ask Siri what your password is from the lock screen:

[​IMG]

I hate to quote myself, but I was partially wrong. You can ask Siri basic questions when it's locked...but she's not letting you use the phone to make calls (except to 911) or use the internet unless you put your passcode or registered fingerprint(s) in.;)

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    EricPeterson and Scrapperz like this.
  11. Peteyvee

Oh and this is hilarious. I was poking around in the Siri settings and just discovered I can change the gender and accent. I think I'm going to switch it to Australian male and pretend it's @Lithsp I'll just yell stuff at it like "Siri, you stupid bogan, what did that last text say?" :rotflmao Just yanking your chain mate. I wouldn't you call a stupid bogan, but that might be entertaining for a bit.

[​IMG]

12. Turi

Turi Member

Mate you'd wind up getting "mate are your ****ing ears painted on **** how many times do I have to drill it into your thick head mate the last message said " yeah mate it's johnno call me back on 0746385730" for ****sakes. Ya dero."

EricPeterson and Peteyvee like this.
  13. Peteyvee

Perfect, then I could say "**** off, you stupid piece of **** or I'll turn your a$$ off permanently. Do you even understand ****ing English dude? I told you you're a ****ing sorry a$$ excuse for a ****ing computer, so don't make me melt you down for ****ing scrap. Now read me back my ****ing messages before I disconnect your dumb ****ing ass and turn you into an ugly ****ing ashtray and some coasters." :D

burns and EricPeterson like this.
  14. cob666

cob666 Member

There's an option in the setting to enable SIRI from the lock screen. It appears to be on by default but it CAN be disabled if one chooses.