1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Unofficial Pickup Directory

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by duaneflowers, Mar 25, 2016.

1. scolfax

scolfax Supporting Member

2. CRAIG4FSU

CRAIG4FSU Whatever... Silver Supporting Member

Chris @K-Line is winding his own pickups now that are listed on his website.

candid_x and K-Line like this.
  3. scolfax

scolfax Supporting Member

4. Zer0beaT

Zer0beaT Member

I guess this is the thread to ask.

I picked up a cheap Epi Dot today and it's MIC. Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for pick-ups that would be an upgrade. I've actually never owned a guitar with humbuckers even though I've been playing for 25 years. Already sounds good but I know that some nice hand-wound vintage replicas can make a big difference.

Thanks for any advice!

5. JRzoidz

JRzoidz Member

Artec Hex 7...it's not Overly Wound. But some...it's just ok. I think it sounds like a Duncan wannabe. like 16k or something like that....

It's sounds like Ferrite atomicness. absolute high creation that axe lol.

6. zowenso

zowenso Member

I’ve been thinking about trying some new pickups in my 1999 LP Classic. I have a Gibson 490 and 498 in there right now. I’m actually kind of afraid to even start looking into this world, especially after seeing that list of companies in the first post. I love the sound of original PAF Les Pauls, 58/59 era. I’d want aged nickel covers since my guitar is aged a bit. Can anyone make this easy for me? lol