Unofficial Pickup Directory

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by duaneflowers, Mar 25, 2016.

1. OldHootOwl

OldHootOwl Member

Great thread! I can't find a mention of British pickup maker Zombie Dust, best known for their popular offerings in the doom / stoner metal subgenre.

https://www.zombiedust.co.uk/

Cheers! :beer

Warlag likes this.
  2. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member Vendor

3. Steviecaster

Steviecaster Member

metrokosmiko and superrock like this.
  4. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

I didn't see Callaham nor Fralin on the list

5. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

listed under Lindy Fralin.

Does callaham still offer pickups? Far as I know they were just cryo treated Fralin.

pickaguitar likes this.
  6. pickaguitar

pickaguitar 2011 TGP Silver Medalist Silver Supporting Member

You are correct! (I didn't look under Lindy)
    And yes I think they still offer them but they are Fralins. So all is well :)

ty

Warlag likes this.
  7. big mike

big mike Plexi Loving Admin Staff Member

The first non-Seymour duncan/Dimarzio replacement pickups I ever heard. Love Lindy's stuff.

Warlag and pickaguitar like this.
  8. Funky54

Funky54 Member

First, I wanted to say thank you. This is a very comprehensive list and no doubt took a lot of time and investment to put together. I appreciate your sharing it to help others.

Second, I’d like to thank the mods for making it a sticky and contributing in the thread. I like seeing your opinions and participation. It makes the site more authentic and paints a broad picture of what the site should be about.

While I have played a few different pick ups they have always been in different guitars. I have never swapped pickups in the same guitar and compared the differences. So this is really interesting to me. Most of my experience, over at minimum 25 years, has been with the same PAF’s. I’ll probably never change. But I would still like to understand a few things.

When do you recommend low output humbuckers and when do you recommend high output? What is your personal philosophy for tone?
    In today’s world, (at least in my world) where gig volume is really really low and amps have gone from 30-50 watts down to 15 watts and they’re still clean.. what do you recommend?

I’m asking, Rock context, 4 piece band, but 16 or 20” bass drum with blankets and cymbals with moongel all over, light sticks and bassists using less than 150 watts and no amps needing in any way to mic... Is a guy like me better off using low output to gain some power tube in his tone, or high Gain to get to some preamp crunch?

Currently I’m a clean amp with pedals guy just because of how quiet gigs have become.

I’d like to understand the options, pro’s and con’s of either path.

Warlag likes this.
  9. coltpeacemaker

coltpeacemaker Member

Cheers mate for the list as i'm in the market for some new ones for a strat i want to upgrade. Also being a patriotic Aussie i like to buy Australia made and have been using Kinman Noiseless PUPs in my Fender Strat, and man these things are awesome! Fenders ones are good! These are better though.

Warlag likes this.