Unofficial Pickup Directory

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by duaneflowers, Mar 25, 2016.

1. LeftySlinger6505

LeftySlinger6505 Member

I'm searching for a pickup similar to that of the Gibson Dirty Fingers, but I can't really justify spending the $145 to buy those. Any ideas of a cheaper alternative that will provide a similar tone? Any suggestion is helpful.

JohnSykes likes this.
  2. Warlag

Warlag Member

There’s a Canadian guy winding pickups and he has a similar pickup actually. His prices are extremely good too! Vineham pickups is the name of his company. Here’s a link to his humbucker section. Prices are in Canadian too. http://www.vineham.com/humbucker_pickups.html

RLP and RYAN1987M like this.
  3. RLP

RLP Member

Cool post, @duaneflowers! Thanks! And kudos for including DS pickups on there. They're good peeps and don't always get a shout-out.
    Another great brand (for me at least) is Defter. The dude is great to work with and does an amazing job for an insanely good price. All hand-mande, with locally-sourced materials. I definitely recommend his strat pups (haven't tried anything else yet).
    Nice of you to do this. Big help for us. In fact, I'd like to ask you a couple questions, if I may:
    1-how different are D.Allen's stratcats and voodoos? What would you say are their strengths and weaknesses?
    2- does BK have a scooped set?

Thanks again, mate.

Cheers

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Warlag likes this.
  4. jeffbelch

jeffbelch Supporting Member