1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

Unusual Allparts Neck

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by rlyacht, May 30, 2015.

1. rlyacht

rlyacht Member

One of my favorite necks is an Allparts SRSF-RW. I got a great deal on it, and based on retail price, it's one of Allparts's most expensive necks. The thing is - it's pretty unusual, and I can't understand why they would even think of making such a neck. It's their only compound radius (9.5 - 12) neck, has huge stainless frets, and is relatively thick and has a pretty wide taper of 0.87 - 0.98 (USACG's standard is 0.07)

While I'm glad they made the neck, and also glad I could buy one cheap because it's unusual, I can't understand why they would bother to make such a product. This has been one of the enduring mysteries of my life and I would appreciate anyone's insights.