Up and comming guitarplayers?

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Must admit I always laugh at these things. How many of these articles in various guitar magazines exist? Of all the names these magazines have listed, how many of these folks ever established themselves as excellent, original musicians and have a long established catalogue of musical output? Few is my guess.

They use the phrase "discover tomorrow's guitar masters". So every month they will list 6 of tomorrow's masters of guitar? At the end of a year that's 72 masters of guitar. And they will give us 72 rock, metal and blues masters every single year for the next decade or more? Let's see how many of these folks are even on the scene in 3-5 years, much less how many of them are crowned guitar masters.

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
Didn't recognize any of those and I keep my ear open for new talent.

Jabby92

Matteo Mancuso is great, IMO. Even early on hes got the smooth chordal playing and soloing that is pretty advanced and not just full on shred and tapping. I'm a big Holdsworth fan and I don't think he'll be topped but this guy has a ton of potential I think, I would be curious to see what he comes up with as the years go by:

Oinkus

I met a guy that was in the back of a magazine in the 80s he was the original guitar player for Tesla. The other up and coming player in there was Tony MacAlpine he did pretty well.

Trending Topics