Update on Malekko 919?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by mahler, Dec 16, 2009.

1. mahler

mahler Member

I know theres an extensive thread on this but there still seems to be no action! Anyone have any ideas on when it's coming out and price point and IF it's coming out. PGS has said its gonna come soon for a while now, but it never does?

This thing looks great so I want to get the scoop!

2. TenneyThe2nd

TenneyThe2nd Member

Malekko was supposed to release 5 new pedals by the end of the year. Not sure if that has anything to do with the 919, although it seems like those are all smaller bantam box pedals.

3. illis13

illis13 Member

I called Malekko yesterday to ask. It is still a prototype. No plans for release. Says he's still "not happy with it."

4. blood5150

blood5150 Member

5. TheFlash

TheFlash Member

I thought I read in some post that the reason he wasn't happy with the performance at 9 volts...I may be "mis-remembering" though.

6. Jatmosphere

Jatmosphere Supporting Member

Have to say that the Malekko 600B delay totally rocks my world!
    Now hard to find, but they sound so ridiculously great. It's a bummer that they decided to discontinue it... cause it's a total keeper! The 919 sounds very interesting though. Look forward to trying one out when they become available. You can hear the 600B all over my band's last album @ http://brotherhijinx.com/

7. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

Maybe they are waiting 1. To work out kinks 2. See how the Deluxe Memory Boy goes over ...ie, problems, returns, sales at 179......

That's what I would do - wait to see how I can improve on a design that is definitely going to beat me to the market and exploit every weakness of it by making mine that much better (thus earning the extra price tag, which it will most certainly have if it becomes available)

8. hb_nz

hb_nz Member

After the issues that plagued the release of the 616 I'm not surprised that there's a little more caution before releasing the 919. Better to get it right than be swamped with returned pedals IMO. I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

9. mahler

mahler Member

I heard there was a batch of pedals that needed to be modified, what else went wrong?