update on my transcribing

Discussion in 'Playing and Technique' started by flavaham, Jan 24, 2012.

1. flavaham

flavaham Member

So, I posted on here last week about being in a bit of a rut and it ended in me getting some transcribing in the works. I'm working on "Scapegoat Blues" by Jimmy Herring.

I may have bit off more than I can chew here but, what the heck! At this point I've got the first 2:10 transcribed (roughly, I guess...) enough to where I know what I should be playing. I can get through it at about 75% speed so far playing along.

Has anyone had any luck with this song? If you have Guitar Pro 6, I would love for someone to kind of check over what I've got and offer some advice/corrections.

Thanks!

2. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa Member

I've done a little bit, but not quite that far. I have the head, the "half-diminished" section, and the first few bars of the solo over the gospel chords.

I was working on that and Oz Noy's "Epistrofunk" before I went on vacation, and just haven't gotten around to starting again.

I have Powertab, can you export to that? If not, you can probably export to MIDI and I can listen to that.

3. flavaham

flavaham Member

Not sure about all that to be honest. I just got GP6. How do you export to MIDI? haha, I'm new to some of this tech...

4. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa Member

Just go to export. In GP 5 it's under the "File" drop down menu.

5. flavaham

flavaham Member

Ok, so I can export to MIDI, but how do I put that on here?

6. mthomps

mthomps Member

7. flavaham

flavaham Member

So, I should email the file to you and you can play it using this?

I gotta run to work now, but let me know what I'm supposed to do. Sorry, I'm kind of computer illiterate when it comes to moving files around.

8. Ethn Hayabusa

Ethn Hayabusa Member

After you export the midi file you can email it to me. In your email account, just add the MIDI file as an attachment to a new email.

Just P.M me and I'll send you my email. You could also email me a PDF, which is another file format that you can export to. Adobe Reader can read PDFs.