1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Update on Wildkat Purchase, is this strange? what does everyone think?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by g335, Feb 19, 2009.

1. g335

g335 Member

Well

The order for the Trans Black Wildcat that I ordered has been cancelled. The store told me that it would be 6 months before they could get one from Epiphone. Is this strange or normal when a guitar has to be ordered from the factory that is stock?

So I have to decide if I am going to buy the Natural(blonde colored) one. But I went back and played some teles's,
    I am thinking I should buy the CIJ 62 Tele with Texas Specials instead or the Epiphone Lucille.

I want something I can rock out on and play some clean stuff. I am really inspired by Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers, U2 and the Smiths right now.

2. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

I can't speak for what you will really like, but I would say that for the music you like you simply cannot go wrong with a good Tele. A CIJ Tele will generally be a better guitar than a Chinese or Korean Epi. Japanese guitars are great guitars if I may generalise horribly! The Japanese RI Teles can be very good indeed - definitely good enough for any stage. To get a comparable quality semi-acoustic guitar will cost a LOT more. For the influences you state I would definitely go the Tele.

3. shark_bite

shark_bite Member

+1 on that