UPDATE to the closed JP6/Cutlass bad trade thread

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Internet Guitars, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Internet Guitars

Internet Guitars Supporting Member

OK, so the thread I had started is closed by the moderators https://www.thegearpage.net/board/i...guitar-emporium.1975411/page-23#post-27144079.

After waiting 36 hours not hearing from the other party, I had decided to post his TGP username, and I did. I didn't think in that situation there was anything wrong with doing that, but I guess there was. I apologize for that. Maybe it was closed because of a few posts that came afterward, or because of my post, or both. But certainly I'm not going to post his username again.

I hope the mods are OK with me starting this thread. I suppose if they're not then I'll find out. I just felt obligated to do so because I didn't want to leave anybody hanging, since there was finally contact with the other party....

So here's the UPDATE:

Right after I made that last post this morning on the other thread, I checked my email and the other party had contacted me. (to be honest his email had come in several minutes before I made my last post and I didn't see it.) He said he had his things including his laptop/phone etc stolen on Tuesday and was offline for a while because of it. Further he says there was a mixup and the the guitar which was intended for me shipped to the wrong person, and vice versa. He has offered to send me the correct guitar and to have me send the Sterling to the intended recipient...and I accepted.

Hopefully the mods will leave this thread open, and I will let everyone know how it turns out. I do very much appreciate all the concern from fellow forumites.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  2. Stev0Griffin

Stev0Griffin Trendsetter

It’s great to hear he’s remedying the problem, but it’s a shame that it took so long to get an answer. The mixup is understandable, but the lack of communication is inexcusable.

Regardless, I’m glad it’s being taken care of!

Fred McMurray, imastratoholic and C-4 like this.
  3. GreenKnight18

GreenKnight18 Member

But what am I going to do with my torch and pitchfork?

4. wox

wox Supporting Member

Good thing we didn't mobilize the cargo shorts pitchfork mafia.

5. eoengineer

eoengineer Supporting Member

OP super excited for you! Congrats on hopefully finding a path towards a resolution! In the spirit of protecting yourself, you might want to try to find a way to verify that 3rd party before shipping things.

skypeace, Tonekat and BobbyRay like this.
  6. IAm MI

IAm MI Supporting Member

I'm glad to see it was a mistake, and that he is arranging a fix. Here's hoping it goes smoothly from here.

JiveTurkey likes this.
  7. circle_o_5ths

circle_o_5ths Member

Let's reserve judgment until the correction is in place. You will never get back the time, energy and stress this imposed on you. He should throw in a sweetener IMO.

8. 98G2PRU

98G2PRU Member

Glad that he reached out to you. When you actually get the correct guitar we can write it off to a simple mistake.

+

Jabberwocky likes this.
  9. Robm422

Robm422 Supporting Member

Thank goodness it worked out, thats a nerve wracking 36 hours right there!

10. skhan007

skhan007 Supporting Member

Awesome!! So very happy for you OP. Please keep us updated on the finalization and receipt of the guitar.

11. MagicNelson

MagicNelson Member

Feels like we're watching the end of The Truman Show together.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
  12. milli vanilli

milli vanilli Member

Is there still a 2015 Gibson thread going somewhere? I'd use them over there...

13. xzacx

xzacx Member

Really glad to hear the update - I'd been hoping something like that was the case, as he was certainly doing things wrong if he set out to scam you. That never made sense.

14. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

How far we've come... when most of TGP was wearin' knee pants and waiting 4 to 6 weeks for their Little Orphan Annie decoder ring to show up in the post they never would imagine the agony of waiting a day or two for a response! (I keed).

scotticus and Hallogallo like this.
  15. EVHindenberg

EVHindenberg Supporting Member

16. EVHindenberg

Seriously though....can we call off the local police,district attorney,all the TGP lawyers,the FBI,and 101st Airborne now?

17. PsykoPat

PsykoPat Member

That thread was a kind of social experiment on how fast people can jump to conclusions before they have any actual facts. And it showed how sensitive a subject this is to many here. But I am still amazed how people can overreact: there was no crime or injury of any sort and yet people were - and are still - almost sending their "thoughts and prayers" to the OP for the horrible experience he suffered. There are certainly worse things to suffer in this world. And now that we know that the 'other party' is neither a criminal or a monster, this all seems a bit silly and very sad.

RussB, coltonius, stevenymets and 4 others like this.
  18. ef_in_fla

ef_in_fla Member

Not really. How many guitars is this guy shipping out each day? I think it's incredibly careless and now he's got a big ****storm to deal with.

GadFly, jstarr823, Bentayuk and 9 others like this.
  19. Stev0Griffin

Stev0Griffin Trendsetter

I’ve shipped out multiple pedals in one visit to the post office and accidentally mixed up two addresses. It happens.

20. EVHindenberg

Not only that,there was a member that was ready to take up a collection to make up the $800 for a guy with zero feedback and 17 posts! No offense to the OP but that’s crazy. No one here saw any documentation that ANY transaction actually took place.