UPDATED: Iron Maiden Senjutsu is Out Now

StormSon

I'm guessing this is what they've been cunningly hinting at through their WOTW hidden messages.

It'll be interesting see where they go next. I'm hoping for shorter, simpler songs, like Aces High, or Wasted Years, but I doubt that will happen.

cragginshred

Gimme something like the Trooper days!!!!

@Bankston not sure what song your talking about but I have read Bruce baggin on singers who cannot memorize lyrics..........maybe thats how he does -keep it simple?

0_0

That's great they are still making new music but I know I've turned into 'that fan' that simply doesn't care about any of the music they've recorded in the last 20 years.

I saw Maiden in Sept of 2019 and they played mostly older material and you can always tell when they play a 'newer' song, and that's when the crowd sits down and stops moving. I get it. Artists are proud of their new record but at least Maiden also knows their fans. Like we'll give you a new tune, now here's four old bangers from the 80s in a row.

Bankston

Gimme something like the Trooper days!!!!

@Bankston not sure what song your talking about but I have read Bruce baggin on singers who cannot memorize lyrics..........maybe thats how he does -keep it simple?

Repetitive choruses are a pretty common feature on Maiden's post-reunion albums, especially the title tracks: Brave New World and The Final Frontier come to mind. But I'm a fan of those albums and I love that they still support new albums with tours focused on the new material. Creating new live experiences for the fans keeps them from becoming a complete nostalgia act.

StormSon

Repetitive choruses are a pretty common feature on Maiden's post-reunion albums, especially the title tracks: Brave New World and The Final Frontier come to mind. But I'm a fan of those albums and I love that they still support new albums with tours focused on the new material. Creating new live experiences for the fans keeps them from becoming a complete nostalgia act.

Ahem!! "Die with your boots on", "The Evil That Men Do", "Fear of the Dark", "Run to the Hills" etc

To be honest, I'd be happy to never see them play Iron Maiden, Run to the Hills or NotB live ever again and would welcome either some deeper tracks or newer stuff kicking them off the set list.

LPMojoGL

Music Room Superstar
Silver Supporting Member
Love it. Watched it 3 times now. I really dig it!

Last edited:

StormSon

Ive only listened to the first couple of minutes as I'm on my phone and want to listen through a better set of speaker but it sounds good. It doesn't really sound like Maiden until Bruce comes in. The bluesy opening riffs are obviously Smith's doing.

I like the video: I wonder if its done by the same people who did the recent animated Gojira video as they have similar styles.

IM go political and environmental: Cool.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom