updated pod hd tone guide

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by meambobbo, Feb 15, 2012.

1. meambobbo

meambobbo Member

I've updated my tone guide - it's a web version only now: www.foobazaar.com/podhd/toneGuide/ I hope to get the .doc and .pdf versions back up at some point - I need to write some code to pull the content from the pages, so as it gets updated, it doesn't take a lot of work to keep in sync. let me know any feedback, or if there are broken links, typos, etc.

2. nsriley

nsriley Member

Sweet!!!! I didn't know about your guide! It looks great and I'll be definitely using it.....I just got an HD500 and at first not been happy at all with some sounds I'm getting compared to when I had an 11R or my software TH2 setup.

Thanks!

3. mouzer

mouzer Member

What's a compressor mic? :huh

I think you meant condenser :bonk

4. glenndelune

glenndelune Member

Man there are sure alot of of great tips in there. Thanks for taking the time in putting this all together. I can see myself using many of your suggestions to get a better tone.

5. bigtone82

bigtone82 Member

I'm gonna try out that trick with the clean amp tonight

6. green72

green72 Member

Great job! It's guys like you who make the internet a wonderful place!

7. derek_32999

derek_32999 Member

Hey Meammbobbo,

Great site. I was wondering when you are gonna update your tones package? I loved the As I Lay Dying, VH, and GNR patches along with a few others in your last pack and eagerly await any update...:drool

Rhodes, Satch, and Vai sound great, too.

8. Jayboca

Jayboca Member

9. gurumonkey

gurumonkey Member

yea dude! this is awesome!

10. astaroth

astaroth Member

Great stuff, cant wait for a printable pdf version

11. meambobbo

meambobbo Member

mouzer - good catch - i'll have to update that (can't believe i wrote that, lol).

thanks for the kind words, glenn! hopefully you can make some videos demonstrating the best tips.

the re-done tone demo i hope to have completely finished by end of March. actually, i'll probably be done tweaking in the patches by the end of this month and i'm going to post them, and i hope that people will record their own clips with them and send them to me. it'd be great practice to hear how they sound on a variety of guitars and perhaps with some players that can really play, unlike me. it takes me far too long to get a good double-tracked recording.

i used to have a pdf version, but i took it down because I didn't want to have to maintain multiple versions. I hope to create some kind of feed or mail merge to auto-generate one. unfortunately, it's not a priority right now. first the demo, then adding pics and clips to the guide, then maybe some videos, then the pdf.

For now, you can just do a bunch of copy pasting into Word, and print that...

12. meambobbo

meambobbo Member

13. fiftywatt

fiftywatt Member

Very nice.. even better than the first iteration (which I've consulted many times now)

14. jerryratpack

jerryratpack Gold Supporting Member

Good stuff ! I will be visiting the " trouble shooting " in depth over the weekend and trying things out. Thanks for putting all this effort in. Line 6 owes you ...

15. astaroth

astaroth Member

way too awesome! thanks for all the hard work dude!

16. Dr.Fix

Dr.Fix Member

@meambobbo: is there a changelog of your guide? I find it very useful and I read it more times, but I don't think I'll read it again from the beginning :D :D

It would be great to have a versioning with the major changes :) thanks a lot

17. echos

echos Member

Many thanks bro! This has been a great help.

18. meambobbo

meambobbo Member

yes, that would be helpful, eh... It's only had two major revisions - i kind of edited the entire thing this month, although the major changes were added sections and clean up, not really a huge change in content. I'll go ahead and add a change log section, and be more diligent about keeping it up to date from now on.

19. meambobbo

meambobbo Member

ok, change log is up. it doesn't cover all the changes i made this month, but it hits everything most important.

20. MikeVB

MikeVB Supporting Member

I stumbled onto and used your guide all weekend to set up and tweak my new HD500. Very well written.

However, I'm thinking I'll return my Pod as great as it sounds through headphones. I just cannot make it sound even halfway decent in front of a Delxue Reverb. That was sort of half of the value equation for me was that it work as a good substitute for a full-blown pedal board in front of a real amp. I'm sure it does wonders with amps that have effects loops but I don't play those type amps.

Oh well.