Upgrade electronics in my SE245 when upgrading pickups?

Rick579

I have a made in Korea PRS SE245 And $200 burning a hole in my pocket. I'm planning to put in a set of Seymore Duncan Vintage Blues. I'm looking for anything worth doing while I got it opened up.
Do you think it would be a good idea to upgrade the capacitors while I'm in there? Would they make any difference in low output pups? What should I look for? How bout the pots, they work fine but would upgrades improve anything.

Mincer

I don't 'upgrade' the pots or cap unless I don't like the taper or rolloff. No need to replace perfectly fine parts.

Figaro

Silver Supporting Member
I would definitely replace the toggle switch and maybe the jack. I’m surprised you haven’t had any problems with the toggle switch. Like @Mincer said, if I liked the feel and taper of the pots I wouldn’t replace them.

Rick579

Thanks Mincer! That's what I suspected. I've read that one of the differences between the SE's and the PRS USA guitars are the electronics, and that would include the pickups I guess. This is the best guitar I've owned and probably ever will. I just want it to be the best it can be.

Rick579

Thanks Figaro! I haven't any problem with them but if they are a trouble spot I'll replace them. What woud be a good replacement?

sedawkgrep

Gold Supporting Member
Unless something is faulty, you aren’t going to hear any differences upgrading those components.

Trending Topics