1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

upgrade kits for non usa sized pots?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by neastguy, Aug 18, 2008.

1. neastguy

neastguy Supporting Member

are there any companies that make kits that are good but are for foreign sized pots?

2. go7

go7 Member

Metric kits? not that I`m aware of. However having done several metric Japanese guitars It is very easy to just enlarge the whole a bit. They are very close and minimal enlarging is required. Just takes a few minutes. Good luck.

3. neastguy

my only fear was finish cracks.. any secrest to prevent it.. or should I not worry about it...

4. neastguy

interesting , I'm just not sure Im confident enough to rewire a guitar with individual parts.... I was going to do a prewired kit from rs and just pop it in... I dont have a problem drilling.. I was just worried about cracking...

5. sarge40

sarge40 Member

I'd ream by hand. A bit in a drill can be a bit too agressive. You don't need to open the hole too much, and if you do it nice and slow, you will not ruin the finish. Do a little bit, try fitting the pot, if its too small still, repeat. I've done this numerous times and it won't screw up your git.