• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Upgrading to Sonar 8 and soundcard

wahfreak

Silver Supporting Member
Hi all,
I’m looking to upgrade my DAW to Sonar 8. While I’m at it I also wanted to do a fresh XP install without all the junk and upgrade my sound card. I’m not a computer wiz so I have a few questions.

I want to be able to interface my SCA N72 pre with the DAW but I’m not sure if I need to buy a A/D converter, a PCI interface or both. I currently run the N72 into the front end of a Presonus Firebox and then into the DAW via Firewire. The Presous does the conversion. I would like to build a second N72 at some point so I would need a 2 channel card or converter. What’s the best way to go about this??

Also when I upgrade to Sonar 8 can anyone tell if I need to uninstall my previous version or does it install over the previous version?? Are there any issues with using older plugins?

Hi all,
I’m looking to upgrade my DAW to Sonar 8. While I’m at it I also wanted to do a fresh XP install without all the junk and upgrade my sound card. I’m not a computer wiz so I have a few questions.

Also when I upgrade to Sonar 8 can anyone tell if I need to uninstall my previous version or does it install over the previous version?? Are there any issues with using older plugins?
If you're going to do a fresh install of XP, concern about installing over previous versions of Sonar is moot. If you install the Sonar upgrade over existing versions all of your existing plugins and program settings will be preserved.

I always copy my VST folder and any other effects folders before wiping the drive clean, and then substitute them for the new folders a clean install of Sonar creates. From there it's just a matter of running the plugin manager and having it recognize the effects.

Trending Topics