UPS Question

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bxlxaxkxe, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Figaro

Figaro Supporting Member

2. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

Packages are scanned as they are divided into the routes. Their statues goes to "Out For Delivery" when the driver leaves wether or not the package is actually on the truck. UPS is way underprepared this year for the xmas sledgehammer of delivery. I've seen many drivers out by 7am and many still out past 9pm and they still are way behind. Google you local depot and see if you can dig up a phone number. If you can get a hold of someone, they should be able to locate and pull out your package for you to pick up yourself. Yeah, it'll be a huge pain to try and find it but I'm sure they'll be glad to get any package out of the way for the next day, especially something as big as a guitar.

Figaro, bxlxaxkxe and derekd like this.
  3. derekd

derekd Supporting Member

Yep, I bought a guitar on Black Friday. It was shipped the following Monday, a week ago yesterday, and it has been sitting in the same warehouse in Florida the entire time, according to their website.

Sounds to me like they got caught with their pants down. Must be very difficult to scale their biz up for the last 6 weeks of the year.

4. Synex7254

Synex7254 Member

As a former UPS loader and Supervisor, Peak Season is the worst time of year at UPS and the volume of packages that are sorted in the Hub's is incomprehensible. When i worked there they didn't scan every package nor was there as much online ordering as there is now so I can't imagine how that has added to total volumes and processing. Also as stated earlier, the packages are scanned in pre-sort but may never make it onto the correct Package Car for delivery or end up being "Mis-sorted" and end up in the wrong hub all together.

The thing that works to everyone's advantage now is that the packages all have Tracking Numbers so while it may be delayed, it will eventually turn up unless some sort of damage occurred...it happens. Package jams on the conveyor belts are constant with large volumes being sorted and it is very easy to have a package end up on the wrong Feeder.

Hopefully your turns up soon.

Figaro likes this.
  5. jklotz

jklotz Member

Same boat here. My CME 330 has been delayed for 2 days. Here's to hoping the third, tomorrow, will be the charm!

It's a bummer when the seller requires a signature - could be anywhere from 4pm to as late sometimes as 10pm when they arrive. Oh well, what are you going to do? Order a pizza and put something good on netflix, or better yet, practice with the guitars I already have!

6. TonyCass

TonyCass Member

I purchased a Guitar from Rondo this past Sunday. Shipped on Monday and the original delivery date was Tuesday. My package missed the truck and was rescheduled for today. I live in CT so Rondo is pretty close.

Reading this thread has me nervous that it could still be a few more days sitting on the "out for delivery" status.

7. bigolsparky

bigolsparky Supporting Member

I had a second day air package delivered 10 days late last week. This year will be a huge year for late UPS packages due to the holidays. Online shopping has quagged the whole operation up.

8. TonyCass

TonyCass Member

Maybe posting in this thread brought me good luck as I just received the the oh so amazing "delivered" status. Can't get home fast enough to crack the new toy open.

9. 808

808 Member

Always switch my UPS deliveries that require a signature to pick up at their hub, they really suck these days.

DaveNJ likes this.
  10. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

11. Timmo

Timmo Member

I've been TRYING to track a guitar with FED EX but it only tracked on the first day ( A week AGO NOW) and it just says "Delivery PENDING".
    HA!

W The H does that even mean?
    "PENDING" for 8 days now.

End of the world....no but,

Fed EX does SUCK!!!!!

12. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Supporting Member

UPS is reportedly overwhelmed by the volume of internet business despite attempts to be prepared. Events like the fire at the distribution center in MD haven't helped.

13. Hulakatt

Hulakatt Supporting Member

I had some gloves that were supposed to be delivered by FedEx yesterday but according to the tracking info, they haven't been picked up yet. Tracking went active 4 days ago.

14. tnvol

tnvol Supporting Member

Wow. I have three guitars coming right now to be delivered by UPS on Monday the 11th. I did not need to read this thread.

Bertiman likes this.
  15. jimmyohio75

jimmyohio75 Member

I work in sales at FedEx. This past Monday we delivered a record number 26.5 million packages. That was just Monday. Think about that. Seriously.

16. klnol

klnol Supporting Member

I blame Amazon (only half joking)! All this free shipping, I don't know how any of the couriers are keeping their heads above water. I'm sure amazon contracts these guys for pennies on the dollar.

17. bkrownd

bkrownd Member

Wow, it sounds like I was lucky to get my Black Friday guitar on time! My girlfriend came home with a similar story yesterday that a package was "out for delivery" but that the driver told their receptionist that he didn't have time to make two trips through the door to bring in all the packages for them that were in the truck. No idea how that makes sense.

18. Brad8008135

Brad8008135 Member

I ordered an Eastman T386 on Monday and am now feeling your pain. The package arrived in Charlotte yesterday morning and departed for Atlanta at 2:48 in the afternoon. It arrived again in Charlotte this morning...ha...ha. I need to call UPS up and see if I can get my old job back...but this time as a contractor who bills by the hour. I'm pretty sure I can fix the problem in 2000 hours (or leave the problem and just bill until I die), just in time for my deliveries next year.

Edit: Delayed until tomorrow. I hope they're not groping my guitar. Por favor no molestes mi paquete

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  19. SealCove

SealCove Supporting Member

I have this issue with my local UPS on occasion. Package arrives at local distribution center at normal time, goes out for delivery, and then vanishes for a 1-3 days. My local driver tells me that it is usually a loading screw up and that it got put on the wrong delivery truck. Usually that gets corrected the next day, but I have had it happen and take a few days to arrive.

bxlxaxkxe likes this.
  20. bxlxaxkxe

bxlxaxkxe Supporting Member

Well I contacted the dealer that I bought the guitar from. They got in touch with their UPS rep and put the package on hold for me at the UPS hub. The rep said that the package didn't make it for delivery because it was "too big." Silly excuse. It was really strange that I was unable to do this myself. I always put big big packages on hold for pickup, but this time it was not an option on my end. Anyways- everything got to me safely- just wayyyyyy late. Was a bit painful. Have to remind myself not to order big items around this time of the year.

Figaro, Madison, C-4 and 1 other person like this.