UPS Question

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by bxlxaxkxe, Dec 5, 2017.

1. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?

This is the only way I have found to do the same thing.

2. C-4

C-4 Member

Here for now, Europe when I die. Am I dead yet?

I am waiting on a rather large check from a dealer. I respectfully requested the dealer to send it overnight delivery, and I would pay for it. He decided to send it 3rd day, but at least I can track it.

This time of year, the only thing I send via mail is a Christmas card and my regards.
    I have several guitars needing work, but they won't go out before the first of the year.

3. MmcGrouty

MmcGrouty Silver Supporting Member

My guitar has been sitting in a warehouse in Barcelona for a week. Who knows why or when it will be on the way.

4. motorcitychick

motorcitychick Member

I never buy a guitar this time of year when it has to be shipped to my home. I wait till after the first of the year, or just buy it through my go to guy at Guitar Center.
    No way would I take the chance on a custom shop guitar being shipped by any delivery service during Christmas time or in the extreme cold weather.
    If I have a guitar shipped to me, I have the dealer do overnight or 2nd day air by UPS with a morning delivery time. I don't mind paying an extra $100.00 or so for the shipping charge. It is
    worth the piece of mind knowing my guitar will get to me quickly. I never realized how the online shopping has bogged up the delivery service so much. Good luck to those who have guitars being shipped to them this time of year.
    I hope your guitar arrives to you safely and in a timely manner. It is not the fault of the workers or drivers of these companies. They have a lot of pressure on them this time of year.:)

5. BluntForceTrauma

BluntForceTrauma Member

Placed an order with Amazon on Dec. 4th. Not shipped for 2 days and then when they ship they overnighted it. I guess because they promised it today (Dec. 7). Tracking says out for delivery. We'll see if it comes today.

edit: so my H&K Red Box, 50 ft. XLR cable and half-gross of D'Andrea Mediums showed up right on time.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  6. FennRx

FennRx Member

Ups has officially lost my guitar. :(

7. Hackdog69

Hackdog69 Supporting Member

Waiting till 2018 to buy anything substantial after reading this!

8. Brad8008135

Brad8008135 Member

My guitar went from Charlotte to Atlanta in minutes instead of hours! Thanks UPS tracking software. They sliced the box, but he survived. Behold El Guapo XIV:

[​IMG]

9. Timmo

Timmo Member

Nine days now and Fed EX has no idea where my guitar is ...

I know there are many other packages BUT, I still paid $80 for shipping!

10. dcbc

dcbc Member

Shipped an old Bandmaster via UPS Ground last Thursday from Texas. Arrived in Vermont before 10 a.m. Monday morning.

11. FennRx

FennRx Member

They found it! A trip from VA to the Midwest apparently includes a 2 day undocumented layover in NC.

Now it will sit in a warehouse all weekend. Thanks UPS:rolleyes: