UPS Strikes Again

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by gproud5150, Jan 18, 2008.

1. gproud5150

gproud5150 Member

Received a Marshall cab I bought with 2 speakers in them, and lo and behold, good old UPS managed to make one of the magnets fall off...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Can that be fixed? I've never had to deal with that before. First big item I've had shipped by UPS too, so they're batting 1000 with their shi**y service. Oh well...

2. John Phillips

John Phillips Member

No, it can't be fixed.

(Or at least, not without the same sort of centering jig that was needed to build it in the first place.)

The good news is that those speakers are complete crap, so you haven't lost a lot - I hope you didn't pay the same sort of money that G12H-30s are worth.... they're totally different speakers.

3. dbx

dbx Supporting Member

Wow, your package must have taken a good drop, lucky the magnet floating around in the back didn't take out the other speaker. What speakers are they? It may be salvagable, I'm sure others on the board who have had speakers rebuilt/repaired can advise you of a reliable source. How was the box? Did you take pics and save all the packing materials? Have you contacted the seller (I hope he insured the package)? Good luck with the claims process...

4. gproud5150

gproud5150 Member

For what I paid for the speakers, I probably won't bother. I know UPS will say 'Improper Packaging'. I have contacted the shipper, and in the end, I will get my money back for the speaker.

5. Swarty

Swarty Member

They can be fixed, www.circuitshop.com. I had an old Fender cab shipped with the same problem.