Us Farm Land Hands Just Don't Get It!

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
I just had a guy come over and test drive 3 amps, two Mesa's and a Rivera. I made him an offer that nobody in their right mind could refuse. Discounts, deep price cuts, extra power tubes, etc.....

He had sound clips, advice from friends saying take it take it, he was telling me all month he is going to buy it, he is going to buy it, he drove 3 hours, he had the cash in his pocket.

He walked away.

He was afraid there just wouldn't be enough gain available for his blues rock band! He was disappointed because he didn't hear "that fizz!"

I was floored. Nobody can find this kind of sound anywhere in the state of Nebraska for under $500 bucks, let alone with Fane and EV speakers and no pedals up front and spare power tubes and free hamburgers thrown in for good measure.

Stunning......... :bonk

I emailed the guy I bought one of the amps from, told him what happened, he is buying it back tonight because he misses it so much and can't find anything that sounds like it!

Us farm land hands just don't know what we are dealing with. It was the sound that makes people sit in concerts going "How on earth can I get THAT sound?" He had no clue what he was hearing.........2 hours later I'm still stunned.....

Hacksaw

Time Warped
Platinum Supporting Member
Heck, I wanna buy it and I don't even know what they sound like.

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
If the amp is so damn good, why the heck are you selling it?
Can't afford to keep them all......believe me if I had the money, I wouldn't be selling any of them. All of the amps I have needed small repairs or tweaks when I got them, screen resistors, bias mods, better speakers, new reverb tanks, new tubes, pots replaced, etc., which I've done. Now half of them need homes.

OilsFan

Silver Supporting Member
This brings up a good point. I'm not sure a lot of guitar players actually know what 'that' sound really is. Sometimes I even wonder about my own amp but thankfully I always have a listen to it in a recording and go 'nope, yeah that actually IS THE sound.'

soundchaser59

Thank You Great Spirit!
Gold Supporting Member
I'm guessing the newly negotiated deal doesn't include the cheeseburgers (that you just ate) anymore.
Burgers are all gone......they don't ship well anyway.

This brings up a good point. I'm not sure a lot of guitar players actually know what 'that' sound really is. Sometimes I even wonder about my own amp but thankfully I always have a listen to it in a recording and go 'nope, yeah that actually IS THE sound.'
There was definitely something to do with hearing someone else play it. It was my gear, my guitar, etc., but having someone else crank it up and make the sound and being able to stand way back and hear what the tone really is as a listener would hear it, that really had an impact on me. I knew I loved the sound before, but hearing that sound come from someone else's hands made me feel like I had no idea how nice the sound really can be...... I can remember soooo many times being at concerts and wondering, "How does he get THAT sound, it's awesome!" And that's the sound I heard when this guy was test driving my stuff today.

If I had some other way to raise $2500 bucks by next month, believe me I'd keep these amps.

Trending Topics