US PP2+ in Australia

treeuh

Hey, can anyone help me out? I'm going to be moving to Australia for a year or so for a school for music, and I'll need my board and rig... I have a PP2+ and don't really want to buy an Australian one because they're really expensive... Anyone know of a particular step down transformer that would be good? Or is there a good alternative?

robjrussell

yea homie i lived in oz for about 6 years and had all US bought gear. get a power inverter and it will change from 220 to 110 (or whatever the actual power is). no need to spend more than $80 on one though.. the more expensive ones are just heavier.

groovybenny

Most of them are more expensive because they are isolated, which is safer.

Also, which music school are you going to treeuh?

treeuh

Gracias! I got a little worried reading stuff online because the VL techs are very vocal on their forums about the courtesy outlet and such...

treeuh

I'm going to Hillsong college :) not technically a music school, but that's the easiest way to explain.

groovybenny

I see, I'm studying at WAAPA, which is a music school in Western Australia. Can't imagine doing anything else!

mcdes

Member of no importance
Maybe you can sell it and buy a Ciocks?? Then you can use it anywhere. No transformer needed.

robjrussell

groovybenny said:
Most of them are more expensive because they are isolated, which is safer.

Also, which music school are you going to treeuh?
Incorrect. You don't have to pay $200 to get a proper inverter. Like I said.. $80 in Sydney.

I'm going to Hillsong college :) not technically a music school, but that's the easiest way to explain.
Trust me when I say that many a US PP2+ have been fried by accident there ;)
You'll lend your board to someone who wont know to use the transformer and then you can say bye bye to your power supply.

treeuh

Would I be able to use the same brackets I have for the PP2+? Mine is mounted under my PT2...

buy a 240v pedalpower - seriously. way safer. and do you really want to lug along a step down transformer to every single service?

zztomato

If it's just for pedals, buy a DC Brick and just get a little adaptor for the wall wart. The DC brick is the same price as a good voltage transformer.

I also have a couple of transformers that I could sell you if you decide to go that route. PM me if interested.

treeuh

I'll have to look into the Cioks and supercharger... I just got the pp2+ a few months ago because I needed the courtesy outlet, but I should have known I'd get rid of that :\ I think the Cioks has the best options for me (need to power my eventide)... Or could I just get a couple OneSpots and power strip?

*Oz OneSpots, I mean..

Trending Topics