USA Custom is the best - Please read

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by analog orange, Feb 5, 2006.

1. analog orange

analog orange Member

I just have to heap some praise on Tommy Rosamond at USA Custom Guitars.

The guy is clearly overworked and under staffed. However, despite all the stress, he is never anything but the nicest, most patient, and most generous person I've ever worked with.

Case is point. I bought a one-piece swamp ash strat body out of his online "bargain bin". It was a bargain at $160 and nothing but a tiny mineral stain on the back. Warmoth would never consider this body a second... Anyways, the body sat in my studio for about 2 months before I decided that I'd rather have a chambered Mahogany body. So I call Tommy up and he agrees to credit me the body once I return it.

When he received it, it had been, and I quote "F-Ing Massacred!" Looked like it had been run over by the USPS mail truck, unboxed and then run over again. Cracked, impregnated with pieces of asphault, tire marks, the works.

Most guys would ship the body back and tell you to sort it out with the post office. I asked him if that was the way he wanted to handle it. Not Tommy. "Just send me your receipt and insurance ticket with the Post Office and I'll take care of it. One way or the other I'll credit you the body." :jo

What a guy! I spoke with him the other day and he mentioned that he hadn't been able to get to the Post office but to not worry about it. :angel

Who does that?

Not to mention all of the patience he's had with all of my weird neck and body requests. Look at my post in "The Best Strat" thread...

Tommy never said "we can't do that" to any opf my requests. Tommy's having to hand calibrate the blocks or clamps or whatever it is on his machine, just so I can have a 10-13" radius as opposed to his standard 10-16".

To top it off, the pricing was very reasonable. Esp considering the quality you're getting with them.

I don't get kickbacks. I don't have an endorsement deal. I'm just a pleasantly shocked first time customer.

You'll never hear a horror story about USA Custom. Never. :horse

Getting off the soapbox... Buy from USA Custom if you can. I'm nothing but impressed. I'll post pictures when the guitar is finished.

2. * velcro-fly *

* velcro-fly * Supporting Member

+ 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Tommy kicks major f*cking ass. period. :dude :AOK :dude

Steve E

3. Thwap

Thwap Silver Supporting Member

No doubt. I live less than half a mile from warmoth, and they have great stuff, but things like what you just experienced happen a lot with tommy, that's why USACG get all my business, and will continue to. They always go above and beyond to make sure you've got what you expected. Great company, they're definitely doing things the right way...:AOK

4. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

Another happy USACG camper here :AOK

Tommy & crew have made me a customer for life due to their superior quality and customer service...

Cheers! :BEER

5. Lex Luthier

Lex Luthier Member

Tommy is the man, I'm definitely buying more parts from him in the future.

6. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

I have had great dealings with both Warmoth and USACG

7. RvChevron

RvChevron Member

Overworked, under staffed and with his first newborn child having health problem that puts enormous stress on the father.....,

he still provides nothing but top notch professional customer service when he gets to work!!:dude :BEER :AOK :AOK

8. Babaji

Babaji Member

USACG....I dosen't get any better! The Strats I built with Tommy's necks and bodies are the best I've ever owned.
    Bill

9. george4908

george4908 Member

I've just bought raw wood from USACG, but it's been great stuff every time.

10. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

He's the best! I had a similar experience. I bought a 2nd and it wasn't exactly what I wanted, had a few grain lines that didn't show on the pics. He just swapped it, no charge. This one wasn't even a 2nd!

11. DaveK

DaveK Member

I recently played a customers S type made from USACG parts and was very impressed. Tight tolerances,great fit,finish and feel.

12. Saul Koll

Saul Koll Member

Absolutely! Tommy is the best. Good guy all around. (Keep him and his family in your thoughts Feb 7th. His son will have surgery then.)

13. Jon Silberman

Jon Silberman 10Q Jerry & Dickey Gold Supporting Member

Thank you, Harry.

Another vote for "why does it always have to be 'forget X/buy only Y?' " Both are exemplary suppliers as far as I'm concerned.

14. Saul Koll

Saul Koll Member

Hmmm,
    I guess I misread. I saw the opportunity to praise Tommy, not to dis another company. I have done great business with each.

But then if I had to state it, I will say that USA custom would be my favorite.

15. Gary Ladd

Gary Ladd Member

I found that interesting as well, perhaps a Brand -X- employee?

Personally as much as I have grown to dislike many things about Brand -X-, my respect for USACG forbids me from even fully acknowledging them on this thread!

:BEER

16. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

If Warmoth ever provides anything but exemplary customer service, lead time, options and price I will give USACG a shot. But they never, ever let me down.

Sounds to me like someone just has more of an axe to grind with Warmoth than praise for USACG.

17. baald

baald Member

i don't think there's an axe to grind. and the praise might sound hyperbolic, but once you deal with Tommy you realize it's not. I've never had bad experience with warmoth (in fact, keep posted for pics of a git i'm building for my dad, with a gorgeous flamed koa carved top VW body from warmoth), but tommy realy raises the bar to a completely different level.

18. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

The Gary Ladd Axe :rolleyes:

19. Clorenzo

Clorenzo Member

Really? Then how come they're making me a Strat body with tummy but no forearm contour, front routed for Strat / Strat / Tele pickups and with no jack route?

20. jpage

jpage Silver Supporting Member

Yeah, that's just not true. The reason I went to Warmoth the first time was the number of options available (well, that and lead time. and price.).