USACG Dinky Build Thread

majordanger

I'm starting my first parts build and very excited. I just place the order today with USACG for body and neck. I'm going for a lightweight semi-exotic wood rock/metal guitar. I'll be trying a hand-rubbed finish and if I'm feeling daring, I might try a burst.

The specs thus far:
Dinky S body
Lightweight alder with 5A quilt maple top with some "angel step"
Hipshot bridge
Dual humbuckers

Roasted quartersawn maple neck with pau ferro FB
25.5" scale
10"-14" compound radius
.820" C profile neck
3x3 headstock
Hipshot tuners
Stainless medium jumbo frets

Dan at USACG was very helpful getting it all spec'ed out. Nice work Dan.

And here's the wood that will be the top.

Last edited:

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, I'm necrothreading this to ask you how your build turned out and if you got any pics!
I'm looking into a Dinky body from USACG myself.

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
Yes, I'm necrothreading this to ask you how your build turned out and if you got any pics!
I'm looking into a Dinky body from USACG myself.
If you go with them, remember that the USACG of 2016 is not the USACG of 2019. I’m not qualified to say whether it’s made a difference quality wise, though I love my parts from the previous owners, but the company has changed hands.

metrokosmiko

Silver Supporting Member
If you go with them, remember that the USACG of 2016 is not the USACG of 2019. I’m not qualified to say whether it’s made a difference quality wise, though I love my parts from the previous owners, but the company has changed hands.
I'm aware! I got a neck from them this year and love it. People always bring up Tommy but so far I've had a great experience with the current team.

Trending Topics