USACG fret question

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by buddastrat, Feb 10, 2008.

1. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

I got some 6105s on my new neck. They did a great job but they seem short. Barely taller than the vintage wire on my relic strat. Comparing them with my guitars with 6105s, they seem about a good 1/3 shorter.

I thought they might've put on the wrong frets, but nothing else they offer matches what I have. They're tolerable but I really like the speed bump 6105s on my other guitars.

2. Rosewood

Rosewood Member

That's why I've settled on any fret as long as it's .045" to .050" tall after crowning.

3. Dog Boy

Dog Boy Member

I doubt its USA CGs fault. Fret wire is all over the place. Like you I've had guitars fretted with 6105 and they are vastly different in feel. The fault probably lies with the fret maker.

That said I'll bet USACG will take care of you if you are unhappy. They have outstanding customer service. Give them a call to see what your options are.

4. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

6105's should be .055" tall. Vintage is .043" tall. Measure the height and width and compare to the USA fret chart listed here to find the closest match. Give Tommy a call if it's different than what you ordered.

5. Don A

Don A Silver Supporting Member

The "6105" frets on my USACG neck are .055" tall by .090" wide.
    They're the perfect fret for me.