Sold USACG US-3 Stratocaster Jazzmaster Neck Flame Maple Rosewood Fretboard 2016

Discussion in 'Music Gear Parts and Accessories Emporium' started by aaronstrumpel, Jan 13, 2019.

1. aaronstrumpel

aaronstrumpel Supporting Member

Brilliant neck! Ordered this direct and finished it myself. The flames are accentuated with black Fiebings dye, allowing it to soak in and then sanding off to a perfectly smooth finish. Danish oil sealed it to a matte finish that feels like my Danocaster neck, the golden/brown hue of the maple was simply Colorado sun exposure with the oil and wood becoming cured together. The fretboard also has a coat of the Fiebings dye which is a common darkening technique for necks - I read that Dano does that and decided to give it a shot - and indeed, on my Dano JM, you can tell - it's tasty and rad - tho it's also ordered as a dark rosewood fretboard from USACG. I installed the aged Callaham Kluson style tuners and when screwing in one of the screws, the wood of the neck cracked slightly. It's been stuffed with wood glue, clamped, re-assembled, and is rock solid ready to go. (See the last two pics).

This is a really beautiful custom neck that I wanted to use for a coodercaster (see the guard) in my other listing but am going to have to abandon the build for now. I don't have a set of calipers to measure the neck profile, but it started out as a .087" soft V contour. It's still very much a soft V but after sanding and finishing, I would guess closer to .085-.086." It feels amazing in the hand and will be a great neck for someone!

Listed on Reverb as well - TGP special prices is $SOLD with free shipping and me covering PayPal fees.

-Flame Maple
    -Dark Rosewood Fretboard
    -Heel Adjustment
    -22 Frets
    -1.650" Nut Width
    -.870" Soft V Countour
    -9.5" Radius
    -6105 Frets
    -Kluson Tuner Holes
    -Aged Nickel Kluson Tuners installed
    -Real Clay Dots
    -Rolled Edges

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2019 at 3:36 PM
    smalltownsongs likes this.
  2. Juan Tuthri

Juan Tuthri Supporting Member

Nice! Fender has the journeyman guitars. I'd call this the auto shop floor special.

aaronstrumpel likes this.
  3. aaronstrumpel

aaronstrumpel Supporting Member

Ha! I like that.