USB mic suggestion

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by FrankieSixxxgun, Jul 29, 2015.

1. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

I've been laid up for a month due to a knee injury with another month or two to go, so I've been using my MacBook to record stuff with GarageBand to occupy my time. I'm looking to pick up a decent USB mic to record some vocals and acoustic guitars. Maybe to record some mic'd amps and possibly take with me to band practice. I've had my eyes on the Blue Yeti as it seems to be the best bang for the buck, but does anybody else have a better suggestion?

2. DHC

DHC Member

I've had a Blue Yeti for a couple of years. Works fine with acoustic guitar but make sure the USB format works with your computer or tablet ... I had to jerry-rig to get it connected to my new iPad with Lightning.

FrankieSixxxgun likes this.
  3. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

Awesome! I just ordered a Yeti since nobody replied, so I'm glad to hear that it's good. I plan on using it with my MacBook, but it will interface with an iOS device too? I might pick up an adapter and see if I can get it to work with my iPhone then. That'd be super convenient for recording practices and/or live shows.

4. FrankieSixxxgun

FrankieSixxxgun Member

Definitely not a bad sounding mic!