1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

USB-Midi interface cable for DT50...which type please?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by 89 Special, May 18, 2011.

1. 89 Special

89 Special Member

Sorry for another noob question....but I need to do the update on my new DT50 so I would need to know which type of usb-midi cable to get for this process. Please advise.
    Thanks a lot.

89 SPL

2. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Do you have the HD as well? If yes you can hook up everything and update through the USB of the HD. If not any USB to midi should work, L6 has given no indication for it

3. 89 Special

89 Special Member

Once again many thanks Guitarnet70. I'll just link the HD500 to the DT50 and perform the update for the DT50 via the usb cable from the HD500 back to my pc. You're the man!

89 SPL

4. guitarnet70

guitarnet70 Member

Backspace!! Sorry, I've rush the answer. You cannot update the DT-50 through the L6Link. You need to get one of those or similar:

[​IMG]

Sorry for the first (wrong) info: I've mixed up with the MFC now being updateable from the Axe II....

5. Lance Romance

Lance Romance Member

I have an M-audio midisport.

6. 89 Special

89 Special Member

Got It! Thanks for the update and I'm on it fellas. You rock.

89 SPL