• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Used TimeFactor...should I?

I've been in the market for a new digital delay pedal for the last month or so. After reading about the fact that it can be updated and the fact that it's just a fraction of the size of the TimeLine, it has pretty much become a no-brainer for me. Just tonight I saw a used TF for $399.00 Canadian (I'm from Canada). I haven't been able to see what kind of shape it is in but, I do know that the store tests out out there stuff before they sell it.

I'm afraid of buying anything computer-like that doesn't come with any warranty. Especially used. Freaks me out!!!

Through all the reading I've done, most people say the machine is built well and the only thing I remember was one guy having a switch break. Not that big of a deal.

Should I do it? I'd be saving about $200 CAD.

jezzbo

download and read the manual ( to get to know the TF)
Then go and try it.
If everything works and the price is ok, buy it.
It is sofware upgradeable but to get the upgrade you need to register it first!
This is very important! if the previous owner had registered it, he needs to unregister it first.
you can check if it is allready registered by going to the eventide site and make yourselve an account. Once you have the account, you can put in the serialnumber of that TF to check.
If it is allready registered you can ask eventide to send a mail to the previous owner to unregister it.
It's really not that difficult.
Recently I bought a Modfactor secondhand and it works fine.
But the previous owner needed to unregister it.
Eventide helpt me with it.
And now it's registered on my name and I allready updated the software.
:)

Good luck!
sorry for the lousy english

As long as it is in good shape I doubt you will regret it.

the TimeFactor is a GREAT box, one of those inspiring tools that you come across every now and then.

I loved it so much I bought a ModFacator and have a PitchFactor on order!

So I would jump at it, as long as the unit is in good shape - they are well built.

Cheers

BMF

Bobster

The timefactor is a great box if u have the time to just sit down and read the manual.. Unfortunately, i cant do it since i'm quite impatient and i'm more of a plug and play sort! Hence i rarely use such "complicated" effects!

The timefactor is a great box if u have the time to just sit down and read the manual.. Unfortunately, i cant do it since i'm quite impatient and i'm more of a plug and play sort! Hence i rarely use such "complicated" effects!
there are a lot of very useful presets too.

millertime121

TimeFactor is a nice unit. I have one. For digital what more could you ask for. it has everything under the hood. reverse delay is beautiful converters are clean and clear you can use the vintage preset for dirt, doesn't mess with your tone if you set it up right. Series is fine but parallel is for the purest.....

I Picked up my PitchFactor last nigh and I'm no newbe to eventide I've owned every model and have the H8000FW..

One thing you may consider if you can shell out a few more bucks is you buy the new Eventide PitchFactor which has duel stereo lines you can use just like a regular delay thats if you take out the Pitch sounds but then you can add some subtle pitch algorithms and make some nice vintage sounds to crazy sounds... The PitchFactor is a sound machine not just a delay or pitch,Reverb,chorus...If you understand all effects are made of delay you can do it all in the PitchFactor.. On the down side its one DSP engine although pitch and delay can run at the same time.. There could be more than one DSP in the PF for all I know....:RoCkIn

This is all great stuff. Does anyone know what the last update dealt with and if there are any new ones on the way. On the Eventide forum a lot of people were asking about nameable presets (this would be huge), lower bit rates for the vintage delays and higher modulation speed. Have they been able to do anything like that?

Also, in layman's terms, could someone explain what an additional three switch foot controller would control? I imagine it would be bank jumps and tap. If that's the case, what happens to the old tap switch?

I wish I could try it out before I buy it, it's a little too far away.

thank you so much for all of your help guys.

Eventide have said that updates will be reeased "as and when" they have hinted at a few things.

I think they needed to get the PitchFactor finished before updating the other factors.

the external 3 way stitch usually does tap tempo and up and down of the patches, but it can be set to do the same as the ones on the box and other functions if you prefer.

Cheers

BMF

time Factor 2 relese notes.....

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thank you for updating to TimeFactor 2.0. We recommend that you only install this software when you have time to become familiar with it and never just before a tour or gig. [/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We recommend that you always back up your existing presets before updating to a new software version. Some changes have been made to the Mix, Feedback, and Filter controls which may change the sound of User-Created Presets. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You may want to adjust the Mix, Fdbk A, Fdbk B, and Filter controls of your Presets after updating.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Note that it is possible to revert to version 1 anytime if desired.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]TimeFactor 2.0 vs 1.0[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
40 Presets
Version 2.0 doubles the available space for storing presets. There are now 20 Banks of two Presets, totaling 40 available Preset slots. Selecting BANKS in the UTILITY System Menu, you can enable a range of Banks by selecting the (L)ow and (H)igh BANK. This is useful if you are playing a gig and you know that you will only need to access a specific BANK range. TimeFactor ships with 20 unique Factory Presets - the Presets stored in BANKs 11-20 are duplicates of BANKs 1-10. The default setting for the (H)igh BANK is 10.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Audio Enhancements
-New smooth/quiet transition between Active and DSP Bypass.
-Mix knob taper improved.
-VintageDelay "Bits" control no longer introduces noise at low signal levels.
-Mix knob audio level issues have been addressed.
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
FeedBack
The range of the Feedback controls for all delay effects has been increased to 110%. This allows TimeFactor to go into self-oscillation at high feedback values resulting in some very interesting (and potentially LOUD) sounds. BE CAREFUL!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Filters
2.0 features dramatic new filters providing for a greater range of tone control.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]More Responsive User Interface
TimeFactor's Operating System software has been fine-tuned resulting in less latency when turning knobs, selecting effects, and responding to external controls.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]SpillOver
SpillOver provides smooth transitions when changing Presets by fading the lingering echoes of one Preset into the echoes of the next Preset. SpillOver [SPILL] can be turned ON or OFF from the Utility section of the System menu (Default is OFF.)
Looper Improvements
-The Looper Mix taper has been changed so that you can now mix the recorded audio with live audio at full volume for each.
-The Looper now responds to MIDI Start/Stop commands when MIDI clock is present.
-Looper Beats resolution has been improved in Tempo Mode.
-Loop splicing has been improved making Loops more seamless.
Control Expression Pedal via MIDI CC
In the RCV CTL area of the MIDI menu, PDL is now a choice. This allows you to do things like automate an expression pedal performance from a computer or use an external MIDI expression pedal to control Preset expression pedal assignments.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pitch Shifting removed from Tap and Preset Change
On certain Effect Types where changing delay time causes pitch fluctuations, these pitch effects have been removed for the operations of Tap Tempo and changing Presets, yet remain when the parameter is changed via the knob or expression pedal.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Aux Switch Improvements
We've added a new Aux Switch operating mode called "Alternate." In Alternate Mode, the AUX switches act as Play Switches when the Stompbox is in Bank Mode and Bank Switches when the Stompbox is in Play Mode. The alternate mode switch designators, "FS1", "FS2" and "FS3", have been added to the AUX SW Menu.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]PDL choice added to AUX SW Menu
Assigning "PDL" to an Aux Switch allows you to get the full value of the preset's Expression Pedal assignment (Toe down) while you hold that switch. This is great for things like sending feedback to 110% while holding the switch down and then back to a "safe" value when you let go.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New default Aux Switch Assignments [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
The Factory Default Aux Switch assignments are now BYP, RPT, and TAP for TIP, RNG, and T+R. (You'll need to Initialize SETUP to get the factory defaults - Hold the Encoder button and Right footswitch on power up).
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Global Mix/Tempo
Mix and Tempo now have independent Global settings in the System menu.
MIDI Tap Tempo Improved
The accuracy of Tap Tempo via MIDI has been improved.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Display Improvements
-The way in which MIDI Continuous Controllers are displayed in the MIDI Menu is now more consistent.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-Bank up switch now operates on release. This allows you to change from Bank Mode to Play Mode without having the Bank Display appear to increment.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]-The name of Bypass Type [DSP+DLY] has been changed to [DSP+FX].[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sysex Compatibility
TimeFactor 2.0 will read all System Exclusive data from older TimeFactor versions.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Bug Fix
Aux Switch assigned to P/B now works correctly.
[/FONT]

ModFactor release notes...

ModFactor 2.0.2[3] Release Notes We recommend that you always back up your existing presets before updating to a new software version.
Undulator Fixes An issue has been fixed where Undulator didn't work with Sine Wave selected under the shape knob. Also, Intensity now controls Mix in Undulator.
Control Expression Pedal via MIDI CC In the RCV CTL area of the MIDI menu, PDL is now a choice for something that will respond to MIDI Continuous Controller. This allows you to do things like automate an expression pedal performance from a computer or use an external MIDI expression pedal to control Preset expression pedal assignments.
PDL choice in AUX SW Menu Assigning "PDL" to an Aux Switch allows you to get the full value of the preset's Expression Pedal assignment (Toe down) while you hold that switch. This is great for things like turning Intensity all the way up while holding the switch down and then back to the previous value when you let go.
Default Aux Switch Assignments The Factory Default Aux Switch assignments are now BYP, BRK, and TAP for TIP, RNG, and T+R. (You'll need to Initialize SETUP to get the factory defaults - Hold the Encoder button and Middle footswitch on power up).

^^^^ Cool stuff!!! I didn't see anything about naming presets or even a mac editor but, it does seem like they are in the business of addressing issues. What were the dates of the last update?

Thanks again

ahhh, no!

they are NOT supported yet.

I have not seen anything about the naming, but it should not be that difficult.

but I have seen "We have not anounced anything yet" mentioned a few times when asked about PC / Mac editing.

Both of these things I am very interested in myself

Cheers

BMF

Has anyone had any troubles with peaking with the TF? Like, after changing the rear switches to line level the peaking is still happening and you're forced to reduce your input level, which in turn changes your tone, overdrive/distortion levels.......

yah

No, but I run mine in thr FX loop so the issue with tone and distortions from driving the pre amp is not a problem to me.

Cheers

BMF

DONE!!!! It should be in the mail by tonight or tomorrow morning. I was a little scared about the fact that I couldn't try it before I bought it but, I do get 30 days to exchange, if I need to.

So, just a few things before I get it.....
-
How can I tell what software update it has when I get it? (I'm thinking now that it would be a good idea to reset it so I can make my own presets)
-Is there a link to anywhere that shows what the factory presets are? I think I saw somewhere on here that preset 1:2 is a reverb like sound.

I can't think of anything else. If you have any other suggestions for me, let er rip!

thanks again guys

There they are. I had been to that page but didn't see the BIG space for presets.

Now I play the waiting game. Should be tuesday when it comes.

:jo:jo:jo:jo Dammit, I shouldn't have looked at the preset chart. I want this thing here right now.

With an EBJr, do you guys use a mono, stereo or insert cable?

Last edited:

jezzbo

congrats on your buy. You will love it. :AOK

Latest software version is 2.0.3[2]
You can see this by doing the following:

1. Press on the encoder and right footswitch at the same time for a few seconds. (the encoder is this most left knob on the bottom row, you can click this one)

2. turn the encoder until you see "SW VER" (software version)
3. click on the encoder once more and there you have it. :)

to go back to the presets just repeat step 1.

Feel free to ask more questions.

Greetings from Belgium
Jesse