Used variax...

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by henryjurstin13, Aug 3, 2019.

1. henryjurstin13

henryjurstin13 Member

is it just me, or is there a shortage of used variax guitars?

thomasjg likes this.
  2. drew365

drew365 Supporting Member

I've had three, a JTV 69, 69S and 89F. I paid between $600 and $650 for each. I noticed that there are fewer available and asking prices are higher than what I paid. I think integrating with a Helix is making them a lot more popular. That's why I keep my 69.

3. Alex Kenivel

Alex Kenivel Member

I have a little wild uneducated Theory. I think they get scooped up by people wanting to try out the tech but not wanting to pay full price.

A big thing that's holding me back from variax is the fact that I love to Go Wireless, but if I see a used one at a tempting price I'd probably pick it up

4. drew365

drew365 Supporting Member

You can go wireless with Variax. You just can't preprogram Helix patches and do wireless at the same time. If you want preprogrammed patches than you need the VDI cable so they can talk to each other.

5. JoeInOttawa

JoeInOttawa Member

Here in Canada, you can always find a Variax for sale, and, among them, there is no shortage of gen-1 axes at original-retail-plus-$100 prices. Craziness prevails.

6. _pete_

_pete_ Supporting Member

I just listed a good one in the Emporium. ;)

7. guitarno

guitarno Supporting Member

Seems like whenever I am not in the market, they are plentiful, and when I am thinking about buying one they are few and far between. Murphy's law...:rolleyes:

8. Sleezy E

Sleezy E Member

I keep thinking about unloading my extra 59 and hide the cash until gen 3 arrives... but it's so convenient to keep one at the practice pad and one at home