1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Users of the line 6 mm4.....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by britishampsrock, Nov 9, 2005.

1. britishampsrock

britishampsrock Member

im thinking of buying one but im not sure exactly how good they are. im covered pedal wise for distortions and delays and now im moving on to modulation effects. i know ill use them but im not sure if i should just buy some separate units or get this big thing. are there any major flaws with this unit or is it all hunky dory? ive heard that when you unplug them the saved setting go back to 12 o clock??

2. JC-Tonequest

JC-Tonequest Supporting Member

The (4) saved sounds will stay when it is unplugged.

3. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

I too would like to know what others think. I am currently using a mm4, but some sounds are a little off in my opinion. I don't have a huge volume drop with mine like some, but it still is evident.

The MM4 is very versitile, but I haven't had a chance to test out many of the botique pedals as many of you have and am left wondering how much I am missing. I utilize the chorus, tremelo, and phase 90 the most and have considered purchasing seperate pedals for each sound, but I don't know if its worth it?

4. The lamb

The lamb Member

[​IMG]

For me there is no major flaws in MM4, I mostly used tremolo and it sound great for me :)

sometimes for chorus flanger and phaser, all sounds are fine :rolleyes:

I like to used it in stereo and put a modify sw. to the exp. pedal jack which make each preset have 2 setting.:D

I (still) love it. :dude :dude :dude

5. UconnJack

UconnJack Member

I liked the MM4's versitility. Mine did have a slight volume drop but was hardly noticable live. On the negative side, I thought it was just a bit sterile. I returned mine but would have kept it if Keeley was doing his MM4 mods then. That might be worth a try.

6. DavidE

DavidE Member

I like mine, but the volume drop on the drum and horn sim makes that one unuseable and I'd REALLY like to use it.

I like it for chorus, trem and phase.

7. chrisr0712

chrisr0712 Member

The Lamb,
    What did you do to the switch to make it work with the Line6?
    I see the benefit of doubling your presets...

8. Crazyquilt

Crazyquilt Guitar Dad Silver Supporting Member

I like mine pretty well, tho' I don't use it as often as I once did. Since all I really used was trem & phaser, I bought dedicated pedals (or, prefereably, use amp trem.) I like the presets (which are persistent) and some of the sounds -- best sound for me was the volume sensitive trem. I love that effect.

9. The lamb

The lamb Member

I don't know how to describe but you can try by use any amp channel selector sw. plug in to exp. slot. :)

For me, after it worked, I let a technician do the fender foot sw. to make it two seperated sw. for DL4 and MM4. I don't know the details about wiring.:rolleyes:

Sorry for my poor english, but hope you know what i mean. :D :D