• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Using 2 Power Supplies On One Board

Jhuttyhut

Hey folks. I've got a question and I've seen some threads concerning this, but haven't found the answer that I'm looking for. Or perhaps I'm just too stupid to see it and need to be pointed in the exact direction, haha! A woodworker friend of mine is building me a new and larger pedalboard. I have maxed out the slots on my BBE Supa Charger, so I will need to run another power supply in order to power any other pedals that I will add. I'm thinking that I'm going to buy a Voodoo Labs ISO 5. My question is, is there a splitter cable that can run from both power supplies into a single 3 prong adapter that will plug into a power outlet? Does anyone have a specific example that they use or can point out to me via an Amazon link, or something? Is this even a possibility? I just want to avoid powering them separately, drilling two holes in the board for power accessibility, and taking up to power outlet spots if that is at all possible. Basically, I want to power two power supplies with one cable.

I hope that this makes sense and again, I apologize if this has been covered in the past, I just don't know what I should be looking into buying. I know that I could buy a Voodoo Labs Mondo power supply and not worry about it, but I'd rather spend $109 (plus a 25% off sale at Prymaxe) on the ISO 5. No chance that I'll ever allow myself to run more than 13 pedals at once!! Ha!

Thanks!

cant you just daisy chain? As long as you stay within the mA specs?

If you are just dead set on a new supply, im putting my 2 cents in for the one spot pro cs7...you CAN daisy chain that one. As long as your overall mA is less than the total mA on the powersupply youre golden. Per Onespot inventor

Jhuttyhut

cant you just daisy chain? As long as you stay within the mA specs?

If you are just dead set on a new supply, im putting my 2 cents in for the one spot pro cs7...you CAN daisy chain that one. As long as your overall mA is less than the total mA on the powersupply youre golden. Per Onespot inventor
I suppose it's a possibility. I just didn't want to run into any noise issues that may come with that. My Flashback x4 and Zoom MS70CDR would need their own independent slots, but I think anything else could possibly be daisy chained. Still would be curious if a cable exists that fits what I'm looking for.

Thanks for the suggestion!

4b454e

Silver Supporting Member
Mouser or another electronic supplier will have what you need(AC power plug and/or receptacle). Might have to make a little box (and take care with the wiring of course!) but you should be able to wire up a splitter with short cables to the PSUs.

I had both a voodoo lab digital and ISO-5 and was considering do By the above. But it was all too heavy and bulky for my board (the two PSUs, not the wiring move) so I just wound up getting a Truetone CS-12 - so happy I did!

ItsaRat!

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...ct_id=PWD402&gclid=CKOtnMD6mdECFQkKaQodAfcEIQ

I'm pretty sure Lowe's or Home Depot has something similar, but maybe not. If you're just daisy changing your two power supplies together you shouldn't get noise; at least I didn't. I have a pedal power (og style) and a pedal power digital on my board. I need the extension to power my switcher. Visual Sound also has something like this. most of their dealers will have it.

stahlhart

Silver Supporting Member
The Voodoo Lab 2 Plus has a grounded 200W accessory AC outlet in back -- I'm wondering if you could daisy chain the BBE from here.

The latter's manual does not specify an AC input power requirement, so you might want to check with their technical support about whether or not that 200W is sufficient should you go this route.

nater9

Yes, you can combine both AC power cords from each power supply into one AC plug. You don't even need to solder... Just go to Home Depot or whatever and look at their 3 prong AC plugs. I'm using two Pedal Powers and both of their AC cords have been clipped and re-wired into a single AC plug.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom