Using a DD20 with acoustic

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by hktk, Feb 7, 2012.

1. hktk

hktk Member

So my rock band is playing a few acoustic sets in the next few weeks and I'm planning on running my acoustic through my pedal board strait into a DI.

I have done this a few times before but the problem I have had is that my DD20, which usually sounds great through my electric setup, sounds very thin and a bit tiny. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work around this. The actual acoustic sounds fine plugged into the PA its just the repeats that are the issue.

Thanks.

2. dankmyers

dankmyers Member

I use a DD-20 with my acoustic at church every week and it sounds great.
    Depending on the kind of echo I'm looking for I usually use the Normal mode with the tone turned down a bit or the Analog mode. Analog can get pretty dark, which is nice sometimes for a bit of a thump in the background if there's no drummer.

3. cheameup

cheameup Member

I've used with my acoustic and it sounded great. def try dialign back the tone to darken it up

also you can try putting it in +4 line level mode . I always run mine in that mode cause I use it in an effect loops but it may make a difference plugging a acousitc into it

4. hktk

hktk Member

thanks for your hep guys.

Ill be practicing through a PA tonight so I'll try using the analogue mode/turing the tone down and I might give the line level a go as well.

5. the 5cientist

the 5cientist Member

Echo (hah!) the support for the dd-20 I have used it in on my acoustic board for ages and on the contrary find it to sound much better than many others I've tried! Def darken it up!! I really like using the mod delay too for long chords :)

6. thesooze

thesooze Member

I've used it with my Taylor before- analog was the setting that worked best for me. Tone set on the darker side.