Using a Mu-Tron Phasor II in the UK - Transformer help needed

CE-2 Man

Hello, I've searched the forum first for my answer but I haven't found exactly what I need, so I'd like someone to set my mind at ease if possible.

I've put a deposit down on a Mu-Tron Phasor II today, which runs via a US 110 volt plug. I live in the UK so I need a step-down transformer to run it at 230v here, but my 2 main points of concern are:

1. Will this transformer be ok for what I need? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=0QYWGBFXB7326PX1PH91

2. Can I plug the stepdown transformer into a 4-gang plug board (surge protected) along with all my other plugs? I have my plugboard mounted underneath my pedalboard, so if I can stick the Transformer under there with everything else I'll be happy. Or does the Stepdown have to go directly into the wall?

If I need to watch out for anything dangerous, or you guys have a better idea of what I need, please tell me!

Right, I'm going to bed to dream about my new toy :)

Thank You and Good Night.

CE-2 Man

Also, how hard/easy and expensive would it be to get someone to adjust the pedal for UK voltage and fit a 3 prong plug??

stinkfoot

That transformer should work just fine for the pedal. And you don't have to plug it directly into a wall socket - it can be run from a power strip.

Getting the pedal modified to work directly with 240v mains would mean replacing the pedal's internal transformer. Finding one that fits in the chassis (and which has the same output voltage as the original one) is the tricky bit.

CE-2 Man

Thank You! That's about the best answer I could hope for, you answered everything and you've set my mind at ease :)

I'll go ahead and buy that Stepdown Transformer, and in the meantime I'll ask around for someone who could replace the internal transformer on the pedal later on.

And here's a pic of the Mu-Tron in question (thanks to Non-Digital Tom at FMO for hooking me up)

http://img20.imageshack.us/i/l1030664.jpg/

Trending Topics