1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Using a pedal to run two amps - need help (please)

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Flight1311, May 20, 2011.

1. Flight1311

Flight1311 Member

For the first time ever I have two amps. I was planning on selling the second but before I do I wanted to run my amps in stereo to hear the delay and chorus. I have my OD, tuner and gate out front and then I have my chorus, delay(s) and my reverb in the effects loop. My chorus and reverb are both stereo pedals (Strymon). Using my current set up - how do I run my chorus, delay and reverb into a second amp?

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Take one of the stereo outs (either left or right) from the delay (assuming that is after the chorus) and plug it to the effect loop return of the second amp. If it does not have an effect loop, than plug you can plug it into the front of the amp instead. This won't sound as good though since it would be effected by the preamp tone and eq etc (obviously you want the 2nd amp completely clean).

Careful - you may not go back to one amp! I run my modulation in stereo into 2 amps, then line out from both amps into a Rack Unit for time based effects into a PA and it kicks.

3. Flight1311

Flight1311 Member

The Strymon BSR is the last pedal in my chain. It is stereo so are you saying just run the "Right Out" into the "Return" of my second amp? I don't need anything in the "Send" and I don't need anything in the "Right In" of the BSR?

Also, then I guess nothing need to go into the front panel input of the second amp?

If it is pretty much YES to everything above - then what is the "Right In" on the BSR used for?

4. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Some amps will work that way, yes. If this does not work, send the right out to the front of the second amp.

5. Flight1311

Flight1311 Member

6. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member