• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Using both output jacks...

mmrxcsr01

Forgive a beginner's question, but the Yamaha emx212 board I'm using has a 1/4" and a speakon for each output bay. To use it to drive foh and monitors, I need to connect the pair of mains to one side, and the monitors to the other. The problem is that the foh cabs I have only have a single 1/4" jack, and a speakon, so I can't daisychain them in the normal manner. Does anyone know if using the 1/4" jack on the board disables the speakon? Many thanks...

mixwiz

I'm not sure but there is a simple solution. If you get a splitter you should be fine as long as you have 8 ohm cabs. Powered heads generally won't go below 4 ohms.

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
usually speaker jacks are straight-up parallel, so you could use the speakon and 1/4" at the same time, just like you could use speakon to one cab and jump 1/4" off that cab to the other cab, it's all the same.

Floyd Eye

I have one of the EMX 512s. Admittedly I have never tried to use both sets of outputs simultaneously. I have a feeling that ( as usual) WalterW is correct. Maybe I am confused though. If your plan is to connect to the 1/4" and the Speakon at the mixer at the same time, why wouldn't you just hook your speakon to the FOH cab and run it to the other cab? In any case the problem can be solved by a Speakon or a Speakon>1/4" cable, neither of which are terribly expensive.

mmrxcsr01

Thanks all, I got it now...I always played in a band where someone ELSE had the pa, and the knowledge to use it...now it's MY turn...

Trending Topics