Using GarageBand To Split File Into MP3s

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by mcdonaldkd, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mcdonaldkd

mcdonaldkd Member

I record my band's practices on a Zoom H2 - just push record and let it run for the whole practice. So, I wind up with a long MP3 file.

Currently, I divide the long file on my H2 into songs and chop out the chatter between songs. That takes more time than I would like.

Is there an easy way to bring the large filen into GarageBand, separate it into smaller MP3s, rename each file to the correct song title and save each as a separate MP3?

Thanks!

2. mcH

mcH Member

Yes, imort the file into your computer, open Garageband, create an audio track, and drag the H2 file into that area. You'll still have to listen to the track, and split it where you want to cut it. Once you've split the big track, create new audio tracks, and drag the split sections down into those new tracks.
    When you are ready to export separate sections/songs, just mute all but one of the tracks, export to iTunes (mp3). Then mute all but one more track, and export that to iTunes. I'm not sure how long this is taking you on the H2, but it should be easier with a computer interface.

3. mcdonaldkd

mcdonaldkd Member

Thank you very much! I will give this a try.