using my speaker cable as a guitar cable bad?

Pointbreakd

I'm about to use my speaker cable as a guitar cable cause i cant find a guitar cable...

is this a bad idea?

michael patrick

Silver Supporting Member
Like Alec said, it isn't a great idea, but it won't hurt your amp. The other way around (using a guitar cable as a speaker cable) can definitely hurt your amp.

gulliver

Silver Supporting Member
dosmun said:
With all of the other gear you have you can't come up with a guitar cable?:confused:
Too funny ... but then again, my Protools has a plug-in for noise cancelling unshielded cables.

:moon

VaughnC

Silver Supporting Member
Speaker cables are unshielded so, as a guitar cable, they would be very subject to pick up a lot of noise, hum, and maybe a radio station or two.

Pointbreakd

dosmun said:
With all of the other gear you have you can't come up with a guitar cable?:confused:
haha i don't have that much gear (I actually just convinced my girlfriend to get me a fender pro junior for xmas).
anyway the other guitarist in my band has the guitar cables in his gear box which is locked up in his room. Inspiration struck and I needed to record...the speaker cable and Guitar rig served the purpose.

Guinness Lad

You can get a guitar cord for $10 at GC. Everyone should have the basic neccesities, it's like only having a guitar with 4 strings.

Luke V

Silver Supporting Member
If you want to record a noisy sh***y sounding guitar track, go for it.

Pointbreakd

haha wow i haven't been here for awhile I forgot what it was like.

Everything worked out fine.. To be honest the sound wasn't that bad at all. Def served the purpose. And for the record I do have guitar cables, i was just in a rush to record an idea.

Trending Topics