Using Reverb/Delay before amp ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by CA$H FLOW, Feb 15, 2012.

1. CA$H FLOW

CA$H FLOW Member

So say in theory I use a single channel clean amp as a pedal platform and get all my gain from pedals. Now do you think it will sound ok using reverb and delay pedals before the amp or should they still go through the effects loop ?

2. Vishnu

Vishnu Member

the verb and delay would sound best in the loop......but they can sound perfectly fine in front of the amp especially if you are getting your OD tones from pedals

3. markmantle

markmantle Member

I've never had an effects loop and have always done what you are suggesting with no problems... As long as you place those effects after the dirt... Reverb should go last IMO... Or second to last after a booster

4. powermatt99

powermatt99 Member

The Edge uses copious amounts of delay and reverb into a vintage AC30 without a loop. His delay sound is legendary if not amazing. Many artists are eschewing use of the loop and running everything in front.

5. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Member

I run an o/d, fuzz and two delay pedals in front of my amps. The only time I've ever had an issue running in front of the amp is when I did it with my old TSL 100. The issue I had was the mix of the effect would be non-existent on the clean channel if I set it for the o/d channel. If I set it for the clean channel, it would be overwhelming on the o/d channel. I think the reason is because the much higher gain on the o/d channel. I finally relented and started running the delays through the effects loop. That's the only amp I've ever owned with an effects loop that I actually had to use.