Using the Zoom G5 XLR output

PJ Hunt

This is my setup: guitar into a Mesa Boogie F30, output from the fx send on the back of the Boogie into the input on a Zoom G5, then the two 1/4" L & R outputs on the G5 into a pair of powered speakers that are separated by about 10'. This sounds really great especially for fx that shine in stereo but the end sound from the Boogie is dry and it would be nice to have some fx coming through there as well (it sits in the center of everything). The G5 has an XLR output that is supposed to be used for sending to a mixer and I would love to know if anyone has a suggestion as to what kind of cable could be used to go from the G5 (female XLR) to the 1/4" return on the Boogie. Seems like I almost answered my own question but I've tried a XLR male to 1/4" male and it doesn't come through.. Is there a special wiring configuration I should be using in the XLR male plug or is it possible the signal is too low? Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks all of you out there for taking the time to read this.

Trending Topics