• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Using Torpedo CAB on stage

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
For those using Torpedo CAB for live gigging, what monitor solutions do you use? I'm trying one right now using a QSC KW122.

I hear potential - but many of the cabinets I auditioned are just dark, murky, and phase-y sounding. Lots of available tweaking and I have been into the remote software doing some deep editing, but I'm not sold just yet.

I also ordered an ADA GCS-3 to compare with it. Much simpler and less chance of some kind of software glitch occurring that could kill a gig.

BCy2k

It depends on the band I'm gigging with. My 'main' band uses an IEM system.

With other bands I use whatever monitor is provided. Sometimes I have to try a few different presets I've made (or tweak things on the spot) when using house monitors. Which are obviously varied & inconsistent.

When none of the above are available, I'll just bring a conventional rig and the T-CAB stays home.

Kyle Ashley

Silver Supporting Member
Cool - thanks so far! IEM would be interesting - I don't have that but I will check it with some headphones just to get and idea.

AdamSH89

With my main rig, I use IEMs (westoneUM3) and a personal monitor amp (rolls PM50s) with excellent results. For small gigs, I simply use the headphone output of the torpedo with my IEMs, and it works like a charm.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom