USPS reaches new low

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by joegagan, Jun 11, 2019.

1. joegagan

joegagan Supporting Member

(background: i send approximately 2000 packages a year with 30% going international--- over 9 years with almost no lost or messed up packages, i have been a happy customer in the past).

but

there is now something happening with USPS nationwide that i have never seen before. i had a canada delivery take 8 days just to get to chicago before leaving the country. numerous incoming packages have the same message as my outgoing ones-- "delayed, in transit to destination" with delays of a week or more.

this seems to be a new way they use to obfuscate that they've mis-routed the packages badly. in the past, if something got mis-routed, the tracking would follow around to it's various messed up destinations, which caused people to make fun of the incompetence.

it seems now, they've found a way to hack into the system and erase the data where it goes all the goofy places before finally getting to the proper address.

anyone else notice this in the past 2 weeks?

2. 2tone

2tone Silver Supporting Member

I had several packages that routed to wrong cities..some lost permanently. Seems like the zip code software was hacked!..Packages go way out of the normal path to finally? reach intended destination. This costs them extra to transport in such a haphazard manner..

joegagan likes this.
  3. aiq

aiq Supporting Member

Normal satisfactory service from USPS over here.

The daily delivery of nonstop Zulily continues.

joegagan, T Dizz, cratz2 and 3 others like this.
  4. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

I wouldn’t give USPS that much credit. If they can barely get your packages from Point A to Point B, there’s no chance they can “hack” intelligently.

Humorously, a package I recently sent to London traveled from Waco > Dallas > Ft. Worth > Waco > Dallas > Ft. Worth > Waco before I noticed and called to investigate. It magically broke the triangle after that and found its way overseas in short order. :rolleyes:

5. TheoDog

TheoDog Silver Supporting Member

If the routing is going through the central US hubs, a delay seems logical do to some historical flooding.

6. buzzard blues bird

buzzard blues bird Member

How about USPS destroying the door to your brand new mailbox by getting to close with truck and shearing the damn thing off! And leaves it lying there. I live in a nice subdivision in a small town. I complain to the postmaster and the driver denies it. I wait 2 years to rivit it back on. 2 days later I come home he freakin shears it off again and leaves it laying in street. ‘I complain again. Not even an apology, I get a “I’ll have a talk with him” smh

7. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

Film the jackass and shame/name on youtube.

massacre and Washburnmemphis like this.
  8. motokev

motokev Member

I use 2-3 day priority for pedals, been happy.

dpgreek, worxforme, rreiser and 4 others like this.
  9. 254 stringer

254 stringer Member

Hello fellow Wacoan.

I haven’t been shipping as much recently but a pedal I bought about a month ago disappeared into the “delayed in transit to destination” abyss. It never showed up.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    joegagan and coltonius like this.
  10. R13D

R13D Member

Priority Mail package sent from Dallas Tx. to my home in Ca. took 7 days. Went to ??? before being sent to Chicago then to So Cal. last week.

joegagan and Nigel Davenport like this.
  11. ellsworthman

ellsworthman Supporting Member

In my experience, anything that gets to Chicago has to go through a black hole before you receive it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
    Devin, UrbanHymns, Telefunky and 4 others like this.
  12. coltonius

coltonius Señor Member Silver Supporting Member

Yooo!

(Sorry about your pedal.. Hopefully the vendor made it right.)

joegagan likes this.
  13. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Supporting Member

Call or write your House member. Every one of them has at least one staff member devoted at least in part to Postal Affairs. They'll call the local Postmaster, and that frequently gets results. It's worked great for me in the past.

massacre, Jay K, joegagan and 2 others like this.
  14. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Supporting Member

Chicago has pretty much the worst track record in the United States, including multiple documented cases of mail hoarding by drivers who skipped out on their shifts frequently, sometimes for periods extending to weeks or months. I lived in the city for a decade, and I now live in the suburbs. If it has to go through the Chicago hub, it's in peril.

rreiser and joegagan like this.
  15. jwguitar

jwguitar Member

I have seen that with the USPS ground tracking too. The US Postal is my least favorite option as things tend to take a while and their tracking is so inaccurate. Having said that,
    I have never had any issues with the package getting to its destination intact with them. So they have that over FedEx and UPS. It’s the lesser of 3 evils!

16. Scrapperz

Scrapperz Member

I was wondering about this too. Crazy stuff is happening.

joegagan likes this.
  17. songtalk

songtalk Member

Out of all of the services USPS has always been the least trouble to deal with for me. YMMV. UPS and FedEx are fine just over priced and not really better quality. Always have a back up plan!

joegagan and nowhere like this.
  18. Baskervils

Baskervils Member

I had a $2000 package from Brazil that went missing somewhere in Atlanta. Uninsured. Painful.

joegagan likes this.
  19. stratotastic

stratotastic Member

20. Scrapperz

Scrapperz Member

LOL, that might be what they call ‘The Brown Triangle’.

dbeeman and coltonius like this.