• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

USPS Updates: What is the Safest, Most Cost-Effective Way to Ship Internationally?

aporcelainsky

This post is only regarding the shipping of pedals.

It looks like USPS now offers flat rate express international boxes, does this change the game at all for shipping internationally? It looks like the price is still $75 before adding insurance :messedup

I've pretty much given up on shipping pedals internationally because aside from international express there is no way to fully insure and track high-end pedals to most (if not all) places I'm trying to ship.

Correct me if I'm wrong.. I'd love to be able to share my pedal goodies with the world!

MIM#1

Usps first class international! I've had 100's of successfull deliveries to the Czech Republic.
FORGET about UPS or FED X.......WAAAY too expensive

Priority International. Use your own box instead of a flat rate. It has tracking as well. Express is okay, but not needed in my opinion. Priority is almost just as fast, has tracking, and is cheaper. If you still want to use Express use your own box. Flat rate boxes for international shipping are a rip off unless your shipping something heavy that would cost more if you used your own box.

Also do your postage online, you'll save a couple of dollars!

Last edited:

aporcelainsky

Priority International. Use your own box instead of a flat rate. It has tracking as well. Express is okay, but not needed in my opinion. Priority is almost just as fast, has tracking, and is cheaper. If you still want to use Express use your own box. Flat rate boxes for international shipping are a rip off unless your shipping something heavy that would cost more if you used your own box.

Also do your postage online, you'll save a couple of dollars!
Thanks for the post. My understanding with priority international is that although you get a number, it's not really a tracking number and wouldnt protect you with PayPal if something were to go wrong. I was also under the impression that insurance is limited.

pomfret

First Class or Priority work fast and well. I've received lots of pedals from USA to Spain and usually takes 5-7 (Priority) to 10-15 days (First Class).

USPS tracking number is customs form number. I usually buy it without insurance, so can't comment about that.

mmolteratx

I only use USPS Express unless they're willing to pay with gift. Priority's customs number works just fine as a tracking number but PayPal won't accept it in the case of a dispute. I could use basic UPS or FedEx services but they usually charge ridiculous handling and customs processing fees that wind up being more expensive than USPS Express.

But ya, I've only ever had one package go missing internationally with a considerable number of shipped packages via First Class, Priority and Express. The one that went missing was sent via Priority and I lost $400 and a pedal on that deal since PP wouldn't accept the Priority customs number.

aporcelainsky

I only use USPS Express unless they're willing to pay with gift. Priority's customs number works just fine as a tracking number but PayPal won't accept it in the case of a dispute. I could use basic UPS or FedEx services but they usually charge ridiculous handling and customs processing fees that wind up being more expensive than USPS Express.

But ya, I've only ever had one package go missing internationally with a considerable number of shipped packages via First Class, Priority and Express. The one that went missing was sent via Priority and I lost $400 and a pedal on that deal since PP wouldn't accept the Priority customs number.
Yeah.. That's been my experience. Sorry international guys :(

lux_interior

Regarding pedals and other small items that I order from the US (I'm in Europe), I will tell you about comparing USPS Express vs. USPS Priority. I also asked Proguitarshop about their suggestion, and their answer was that they offer both and support their customers either way, but prefer Express (what most people choose) since the Priority's tracking is off and on. This was absolutely true. On a number of occasions I've seen that Express is much quicker (takes something like 4-5 working days unless it gets delayed somewhere, which is rare) and with far better tracking, with many checkpoints along the way. Priority usually takes double the time (or more), and tracking is indeed POOR (one checkpoint, maybe two), without you even knowing if it's outside the US or out for delivery. In my opinion, the slightly more expensive Express is worth it.

Squigglefunk

I ship international any way the buyer wants but offer no protection for first class - if it gets lost, sorry

aporcelainsky

I ship international any way the buyer wants but offer no protection for first class - if it gets lost, sorry
unfortunately paypal would side with the buyer.

and for all of those thinking paypal gift is a way to even the playing field in terms of accountability - it isn't. if the buyer uses paypal gift he always has the option of calling up paypal and saying it was an unauthorized transaction.. in which case paypal would again side with the buyer, especially since you would have no verifiable tracking info to prove you sent him anything.

Trending Topics