v-drums/e-drums/megadrum

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by MoPho, Apr 21, 2016.

1. MoPho

MoPho Pho Shizzle Silver Supporting Member

I've owned multiple Roland-based kits over the years and my last round was a DIY acoustic to electronic conversion of a cheap Pearl rig into a TD-12. I'm a member over at vdrums.com as well, but wanted to perhaps tap into a different user community who has come across this Megadrum thing.

Megadrum has been around for several years and is made by a guy over in the UK. It's a trigger setup (no sounds) that presumably works quite well to trigger MIDI which, in my case, will be Toontrack Superior 2.X samples.

Anyone run across Megadrum and have any experience with it?

2. Crowder

Crowder Dang Twangler Silver Supporting Member

I've checked it out but not laid hands on it. I have a TD-12 with my Pintech drums. Works well enough. I am not sure I'd feel comfortable with a device that is only supported by one person and an internet forum.

Any big advantages of the Megadrum deal over say the Alesis Trigger I/O?

3. MoPho

MoPho Pho Shizzle Silver Supporting Member

I've heard very little praise for the I/O. There are a fair number of folks who use the Megadrun over on vdrums.com. I've asked a similar question over there but was hoping to get other feedback in case mob theory may be in play. The TD-12 treated me well but I need more imputs. Used TD-20s are expensive.