• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

V-Pick Video - Attention Jazz III Players

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I can't say which one I like the most, but the difference between the Jazz III and the V picks is readily apparent (the 2 V picks sound much close to my ears). I think a better shootout would be to play the exact same phrase (something relatively short) with each pick and then edit them together with subtitles showing which pick is being played. A variety of tones and sytles say, one clean and notey, one clean with chords, one dirty and notey and one dirty with chords. Having a demo with an LP-ish guitar would help too. Of course, all that's easy for me to say since I've never done any sort of video editing in my life! :D Anyway, as a long-time Jazz III player, that video certainly has me interested in giving one of your v-pics a try.

-Austin

V-Picks

Finally got some Small Pointed V-Picks to EJ last Thursday thru a friend in Austin.

Haven't hear back but hope to soon......

fender753

Silver Supporting Member
Ohh man you've really got me interested now! I could deffinantly hear the difference.

OliverGuitars

I never heard back from Trey Anastasio about the V-picks, but I guess it was wishful thinking. But EJ would be a great addition to the already stellar V-pick line up. I wonder if the V-picks I tossed to Trey's guitar Tech ever left his pocket? I bet he loved them and kept them for himself. I know Trey uses Graphite 2 mm picks.

Sorry to derail the thought train Vinnie! Great Video! I will be in touch very soon!

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
Gotta try them V-Picks
I've used Jazz III for ten years, but I recently switched to Jazz sized Tortex for tone reasons. Not as playable though.
If I can get the playability of Jazz III with more snap, I'll be really happy.

V-Picks

Gotta try them V-Picks
I've used Jazz III for ten years, but I recently switched to Jazz sized Tortex for tone reasons. Not as playable though.
If I can get the playability of Jazz III with more snap, I'll be really happy.
I would try the Small Lite Pointed 1.5mm first. Then go from there.

V-Picks

hey vinkman, did you send ej a dimension?

ml
I am afraid I might scare him off!!! Too much too soon. When I give a pick that thick to someone that is used to no thicker than 1.5mm they look at me like I'm loosin it! :banana Maybe I am......:rolleyes:

The Kid

I had one of my V Picks "stolen" by the other guitarist in one of my bands. All I said to him was "you gotta hear this pick!"

I haven't seen it since. He thanks me every time I talk to him. Glad I bought more than 1.

Texas_Blues

I bought one for the other guitarist in my band; today Im gonna give it to him and see how he likes it when we practice today.

Trending Topics