V-Pick Video - Attention Jazz III Players

atquinn

Silver Supporting Member
I can't say which one I like the most, but the difference between the Jazz III and the V picks is readily apparent (the 2 V picks sound much close to my ears). I think a better shootout would be to play the exact same phrase (something relatively short) with each pick and then edit them together with subtitles showing which pick is being played. A variety of tones and sytles say, one clean and notey, one clean with chords, one dirty and notey and one dirty with chords. Having a demo with an LP-ish guitar would help too. Of course, all that's easy for me to say since I've never done any sort of video editing in my life! :D Anyway, as a long-time Jazz III player, that video certainly has me interested in giving one of your v-pics a try.

-Austin

V-Picks

Finally got some Small Pointed V-Picks to EJ last Thursday thru a friend in Austin.

Haven't hear back but hope to soon......

fender753

Silver Supporting Member
Ohh man you've really got me interested now! I could deffinantly hear the difference.

OliverGuitars

I never heard back from Trey Anastasio about the V-picks, but I guess it was wishful thinking. But EJ would be a great addition to the already stellar V-pick line up. I wonder if the V-picks I tossed to Trey's guitar Tech ever left his pocket? I bet he loved them and kept them for himself. I know Trey uses Graphite 2 mm picks.

Sorry to derail the thought train Vinnie! Great Video! I will be in touch very soon!

CharAznable

Silver Supporting Member
Gotta try them V-Picks
I've used Jazz III for ten years, but I recently switched to Jazz sized Tortex for tone reasons. Not as playable though.
If I can get the playability of Jazz III with more snap, I'll be really happy.

V-Picks

Gotta try them V-Picks
I've used Jazz III for ten years, but I recently switched to Jazz sized Tortex for tone reasons. Not as playable though.
If I can get the playability of Jazz III with more snap, I'll be really happy.

I would try the Small Lite Pointed 1.5mm first. Then go from there.

V-Picks

hey vinkman, did you send ej a dimension?

ml

I am afraid I might scare him off!!! Too much too soon. When I give a pick that thick to someone that is used to no thicker than 1.5mm they look at me like I'm loosin it! :banana Maybe I am......:rolleyes:

The Kid

I had one of my V Picks "stolen" by the other guitarist in one of my bands. All I said to him was "you gotta hear this pick!"

I haven't seen it since. He thanks me every time I talk to him. Glad I bought more than 1.

Texas_Blues

I bought one for the other guitarist in my band; today Im gonna give it to him and see how he likes it when we practice today.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom