V-Picks Diamond - NOT Just a Girl's Best Friend!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by cvansickle, Jun 21, 2008.

1. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

Hey TGPers - if you're already fans of V-Picks, you owe it to yourself to try Vinnie's latest - the Diamond. Vinnie turned me on to one at NAMM. It's big and thick, with rounded corners. The tone is thick and meaty, lots of mids, and harmonics are a breeze! Now I have three favorites - the Screamer for electric, the Medium Lite Pointed for acoustic, and now the Diamond for whenever I want to mix it up!

It was a real blast meeting and chatting with Vinnie and Nancy at NAMM this weekend. Great people to do business with, IMHO.

2. Shnook

Shnook Supporting Member

I'm still stuck on the Screamer. Oddly enough, I'm not a fan of pointy picks and I've gone nuts for the Screamer. I'll think about trying a Diamond though.

3. Occam

Occam Member

I wish they made one that was more in the shape of the Jazz III or even the smaller teardrop style jazz pics. Even their small mandolin picks look too big for my liking.

4. decay-o-caster

decay-o-caster Member

I prefer the size and shape of the jazz stubbies too, but I find V-Picks work really well for me. Like, far better than I imagined they would. And more important, when I use a pick, it's a V-Pick these days.

5. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

I bought 4 screamers. Still undecided on them for electric guitar (to be fair, I haven't given it much trial), but I absolutely LOVE them on bass. I'm definitely sold on them......

Will try them out on electric guitar a bit more. They're very hard, which I don't like (I use Dunlop 1.15mm), but who knows....