V-picks user, help me to choose!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by teleus52, Mar 29, 2008.

1. teleus52

teleus52 Member

I'm use to Big Stubby 2.0 picks and love them but would like to try a huge V-picks. Wich one do you recommand me: The Big Fattie, Psycho or Freakishly Large Rounded ?

Tanks,

2. theflyingturtle

theflyingturtle Member

I'm no help but get them both you know you want to. Personally I love having several different sizes. Oh, today I feel like a...... At least it's fun to me.

3. alnico2

alnico2 Member

I use the Big Stubby 2.0 on occasion, but would recommend the med molded and med pointed.

4. teleus52

teleus52 Member

tanks,

any others opinion please

5. ruby7829

ruby7829 Supporting Member

I used to use the large triangular (with rounded corners) DUnlop picks. I picked up some of Vinni's large rounded picks and I've never looked back. For me any bigger would big a bit awkward, but hey, to each their own.

6. softclipper

softclipper Member

Regular large rounded for single coils and large pointed for humbuckers works for me. Maybe you must try pointed ones because Stubby is pointed too. One more thing about the bevel: the new 'screamer' is more beveled than regular ones, I think it's pretty close to Stubby, maybe it works better for you.