• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

V1 Neunaber Slate Question

Kennyscrown

Hi - just a quick question. I understand that the V1 pedals can use all of the algorithms through the pedal customiser / is this correct? Do the V1 pedal footswitches also do the 'long/short press' thing, for example to drop the Shimmer out, or the Tap Tempo function?

Thanks a lot.

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
I have a V1 Wet and can use all of the patches in the software. I don't think they do the long/short thing...maybe I need to try that...but tap tempo is available with Brian's tap tempo switch. I have the switch and it works great. I just programmed mine for the Stereo Plate verb (killer) and the tap tempo switch works great to set the decay from tiny to drone.

Kennyscrown

I have a V1 Wet and can use all of the patches in the software. I don't think they do the long/short thing...maybe I need to try that...but tap tempo is available with Brian's tap tempo switch. I have the switch and it works great. I just programmed mine for the Stereo Plate verb (killer) and the tap tempo switch works great to set the decay from tiny to drone.
Thanks for that. The long/short press is not a deal breaker, but just about to drop for a V1 Slate so wanted to check.

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
You're welcome, Kenny...I should add that mine is the Stereo V1 Wet, so I'm not familiar with the mono version.

I'll be getting a V2 in the future too...absolutely love his stuff!

neunabertech

Hi - just a quick question. I understand that the V1 pedals can use all of the algorithms through the pedal customiser / is this correct? Do the V1 pedal footswitches also do the 'long/short press' thing, for example to drop the Shimmer out, or the Tap Tempo function?

Thanks a lot.
Hey Kenny,

The second switch function (long press/short press) was added when we transitioned the Stereo collection from V1 to V2, so unfortunately the V1 pedals don't have this feature.

You were correct about Pedal Customizer and the fact that both Stereo V1 & V2 pedals have access to the entire of collection of algorithms contained in the software. :)

Kennyscrown

Hey Kenny,

The second switch function (long press/short press) was added when we transitioned the Stereo collection from V1 to V2, so unfortunately the V1 pedals don't have this feature.

You were correct about Pedal Customizer and the fact that both Stereo V1 & V2 pedals have access to the entire of collection of algorithms contained in the software. :)
Thanks guys, the info is much appreciated! Can't wait for my V1 to arrive - expecting it will lead to a V2 at some point!

Kennyscrown

Hey Kenny,

Loving my V1 slate, sounds beautiful! Can I ask you guys another question? The expression pedal lead/adaptor is quite costly to purchase from you and to be shipped to the UK. Do you have any UK stockists for the expression pedal adaptor lead? Can I buy a generic lead, and if so, what properties will it need to have?

Many thanks.

neunabertech

Loving my V1 slate, sounds beautiful! Can I ask you guys another question? The expression pedal lead/adaptor is quite costly to purchase from you and to be shipped to the UK. Do you have any UK stockists for the expression pedal adaptor lead? Can I buy a generic lead, and if so, what properties will it need to have?

Many thanks.
Hey Kenny,

Dealers do have access to ordering the expression pedal adapter cables, so perhaps a friendly inquiry with one of our UK dealers could result in them ordering it for you the next time around. A list of international dealers should be on our Website

You could also make your own if you have some soldering skills and a basic working knowledge of electronics, or a friend who does. Brian released a documents detailing the workings of the ExP port including details for designing your own controller/switches. You can find that document here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dtP4e3Sp2izZ9LJ1SC9TPAYDjfYPpU8mbfK4Lh-GG54/edit

neunabertech

Does exp work for stereo v1? If not is there any way to have favorites?
Hey JamTrey,

There were some fundamental changes made when we revised the Stereo collection from version 1 to version 2, and unfortunately the ExP is not compatible with the earlier Stereo v1 pedals. Brian did release a blog post in the past with detailed schematics regarding custom expression controls / preset switches for Stereo v1 pedals, so perhaps you might find this useful!

http://neunaber.net/blogs/brian-s-notes/13850045-custom-expression-controller-v1-stereo-pedals-only

Trending Topics