V2 Amplification - Amps that don't suck

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by V2, Apr 15, 2019 at 5:04 PM.

1. V2

V2 Member

The one unique thing about all the amps in the V2 Lineup is that they don't suck. But for USD$349, I can add the tone suck mod. You may know it as the "one wire to ground" mod, but the latest version uses two wires for 2X suck power.

Amp that don't suck #1 - 10 terrible watts

[​IMG]

Amp that don't suck #2 - 20 watt Lotto Amp. This is the amp that literally punched cancer in the Lady Balls.

[​IMG]

Amp that don't suck #3 - Doubling down on the 20 watt thing. Caldera style.

[​IMG]

Amp that don't suck #4 - Adding some bug farts (aka Shellac) to the 10 watt thing

[​IMG]

Amp that don't suck #5 - Rob Lamothe's 25W Vibe (the front of which will eventually be covered in bug farts. Sorry Rob...)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019 at 5:27 PM
  2. 7StringJazz

7StringJazz Member

3. V2

V2 Member

Indeed! The 10W amp has a toroidal PT too (also from Primrose Audio). And I got Primrose to make me an 18W PT. All of them will take any pairing of octal tubes (although I'm fine-tuning it based on EL34s for now).

4. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

What do amps that don't suck sound like?

5. V2

V2 Member

Vibe goes from plexi to JCM (and a bit beyond)

Caldera is a more modern sounding, but with 'vintage' and 'modern' modes. The modern mode has more gain than the Vibe. And it's tighter.

Denogginizer has four gain stages for a thicker sound. Not uber-modern metal (despite the name), but more gain than the Caldera. But also has a JCM (three-gain-stage) mode...

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 2:34 PM
    tonegangster likes this.